Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unplugged performance model Y performance brake upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at some simple break upgrades from unplugged performance, which of these would someone who is using this setup recommend in order of impact. I have an OG MYP, so real breaks in the back, no caliper covers.

1. Enduro drive unit oil cooler
2. Stainless steel brake lines
3. Street and track break pads

Looking to improve on stock, not looking to track but would like to put down a hard lap without the breaks giving out.

Any other must have items?

Reactions: Jkwan
I am looking at some simple break upgrades from unplugged performance, which of these would someone who is using this setup recommend in order of impact. I have an OG MYP, so real breaks in the back, no caliper covers.

1. Enduro drive unit oil cooler
2. Stainless steel brake lines
3. Street and track break pads

Looking to improve on stock, not looking to track but would like to put down a hard lap without the breaks giving out.

Any other must have items?
While the new ones have caliper covers, it doesn't change the fact they were previously still floating brake calipers. They're nice looking calipers, but still floating.

If they were fixed brake calipers, then it's something.

Last edited:
If your main concern is brake fade then I'd think the brake pads would be priority. The lines will give crisper response. Not sure what the drive unit oil cooler does for braking? Other items would be things that improve heat dissipation (wheels with improved airflow for the rotors, slotted and drilled rotors, body mods for air ducting to the brakes)

If your main concern is brake fade then I'd think the brake pads would be priority. The lines will give crisper response. Not sure what the drive unit oil cooler does for braking? Other items would be things that improve heat dissipation (wheels with improved airflow for the rotors, slotted and drilled rotors, body mods for air ducting to the brakes)
I think they were looking at the “performance upgrade” page and thought it was related. It’s not listed if you go to just brakes page… unless the OP is afraid of hot fluid breaking the drive unit. 😔

I removed air ducting off of another car, not going to a track so don’t need that. I like the vehicle to look as stock as possible, so I wont change the 21” uberturbines, just slightly improve breaking over factory and pads and lines seemed like it would tune it a bit.
Drive unit oil cooler for fun, nothing to do with breaks, is it a good upgrade overall?
I stay away from unnecessary stuff, like power frunks etc, like my rides to look very stock most of the time.