Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming changes to Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could be wrong, but I thought that using a splitter would slow down the charging speeds because you’re using the power from one USB port to charge 2 phones. Is that not true?

If you have an iPhone, I found out the hard way that USB splitters power port will not charge an iPhone. I ended up buying a 3-port USB 3 hub (found this one at Fry's: Fry's Electronics |). I installed a 256 GB music flash drive, a 32 GB dashcam flash drive and the Tesla-supplied IOS charging cable in one side and directly connected the other IOS charging cable on the other side. Still had ample power to charge iPhone XR.

I still can’t understand why they are using this headliner color on the 3. It looks terrible with the white interior, and doesn’t look great with the black either. Standardize on a black headliner for all models and it would look SO much better. I can’t imagine it would cost any more than the current version and, as a bonus, it would be more stain resistant.

Reactions: Mr X
<SammichLover>, glad you learned how to read. Too bad you don't know how to search, or think one step ahead.

Tesla doesn't support AptX.

From Undocumented | TeslaTap
Bluetooth – 3.0 + HS; Audio streaming with A2DP sink, A2DP source, AVRCP 1.4; Audio Profile A2DP includes support for standard SBC codec (highly compressed low-bit rate audio); Uses the Parrot FC6050 W chip.

Therefore, playing stored MP3 music files, or Spotify/Pandora over Bluetooth, is just asking for bad sounding compressed audio given these specs.

a
P.S.:
Also: Why doesn't Tesla's Bluetooth support AptX?

TeslaTap/Undocumented has a mix of Model 3/S/X stuff, It is not clear what car model it is saying uses this chip. Do you have any more info?