Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upcoming dashcam questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello, I just wanted to get some clarification about how the dashcam will operate.

My understanding from the details released so far is that as long as the car is operational, the dashcam will record onto the USB drive for up to 1 hour and then rewrite over that 1 hour if it goes beyond that in a circular loop, and whatever footage has been recorded onto the USB drive would remain there after you turn the car off. Is this correct?

Also, what's the need to press the record button to save 10 minute clips? Could someone explain the functionality of that?

Thanks so much!

hello, I just wanted to get some clarification about how the dashcam will operate.

My understanding from the details released so far is that as long as the car is operational, the dashcam will record onto the USB drive for up to 1 hour and then rewrite over that 1 hour if it goes beyond that in a circular loop, and whatever footage has been recorded onto the USB drive would remain there after you turn the car off. Is this correct?

Also, what's the need to press the record button to save 10 minute clips? Could someone explain the functionality of that?

Thanks so much!
Correct. Here you go: Discover Software Version 9.0

Thanks so much!
Pressing prevents overwriting. So you can save clips. Maybe a cute group of racoons ran across the road in front of your car on a long drive and you want to share it for a viral video...you hit the button, save the clip and move on with your day without worrying about the million-view video clip being lost.