Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UPDATE 2 1/2 Weeks after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
Though some would like to know some of the issues we have after 2.5 weeks and 1500 miles. 75D, premium upgrades, auto pilot. 20 inch wheels. Problems noticed thus far. 1. There is a creaking sound from the left front wheel area when backing up and turning to the right, especially when it is hot outside. 2. The driver door speaker is muffled, distorted and low volume. 3. Passenger door window has a knocking sound when it winds up. 4. The second row seat on the drivers side doesn't always return to normal and shows on the screen that it needs to go back further. 5. Relatively small issue, when you do the Xmas show the driver window rarely winds down.

I will be going into service but honestly I have been delaying because they wan't to give us a loaner Infinity or Mercedes. I don't want to drive them so soon after getting the X. I am likely going to wait a little longer to take it in.

Other than these items the Car if perfect.

Reactions: Butka and P85_DA
Ok - I will add my 2 1/2 month update

My key fob had a bad battery. The low battery would not clear. We took it to the dealer. They gave us a 2017 Audi A4 loaner.

On the way home an error message popped up. The AC stopped working and a service message was displayed. I really dont like the Audi.

My X has been awesome besides the low battery warning. I love my X.

Since my loyal follower is in this thread, I’ll share as well.

4 months update:
- took out HEPA from previous X and put in new X (don’t ask, don’t tell)
- got my front windows tinted with cheap suntek carbon so my wife can breastfeed while people try to peek into my car
- installed blackvue 900s-2ch on my own, spending north of 5 hours in 3 separate days/nights with numerous cuts
- been to service center twice to fix various issues including dreaded FWD problems and cabin noises, both times got Enterprise ICE rentals
- dealt with constant clicking noises from plastic flexes on a daily basis that drove me into insanity, while wife started to ignore my requests to check where the f**k the noise came from
- more FWD issues but manageable atm
- hand washed it once since delivery. SC covered twice. +1 for SC

You bet we *heart* our X. There’s no substitute.

Since my loyal follower is in this thread, I’ll share as well.

4 months update:
- took out HEPA from previous X and put in new X (don’t ask, don’t tell)
- got my front windows tinted with cheap suntek carbon so my wife can breastfeed while people try to peek into my car
- installed blackvue 900s-2ch on my own, spending north of 5 hours in 3 separate days/nights with numerous cuts
- been to service center twice to fix various issues including dreaded FWD problems and cabin noises, both times got Enterprise ICE rentals
- dealt with constant clicking noises from plastic flexes on a daily basis that drove me into insanity, while wife started to ignore my requests to check where the f**k the noise came from
- more FWD issues but manageable atm
- hand washed it once since delivery. SC covered twice. +1 for SC

You bet we *heart* our X. There’s no substitute.
What's really funny is that if a non-X owner reads this, they'd think model X owners are straight up masochists. After driving my own for 50 miles, I can attest to @outie and @P85_DA 's emotion. I don't know why, but NOTHING comes close to the experience. The expansive windshield, the thrill of the acceleration, the FWDs and self-presenting doors, the amazing premium sound that makes it sound like I'm an amphitheater, etc. I can't explain why, but the pros outweigh the "minor" cons people have reported.

I can understand others who have had serious issues where the car dies in the middle of the highway (sometimes more than once) or have other serious issues may not be able to look past those.

My experience after one month:

- Had a minor scratch near the hood on delivery. The service center experience to repair this was fantastic. Fast. Smooth. Had a fun time with the model S loaner.

- Had a Blackvue DR900s installed by a local shop. It was well worth the $300 in labor cost in my opinion. I had the car back in 4 hours. Looks great. The Blackvue camera is feature rich. However, the Android app is absolutely horrible. If you're an Android user, I cannot recommend this camera until they fix their issues. If push comes to shove, you can still pull the card out and use it on your desktop. That works fine. Just sucks that the Android app is pretty much useless.

- Speaking of high end dash cams; I guess it's a legitimate concern of overheating in the summer for a lot of Blackvue and Thinkware users. Not a concern with the climate control of this car.

- Had a ppf wrap done on the front and doors. I'm glad I had it done.

- I never expected to enjoy regen braking as much as I do. It's one of my favorite characteristics of these cars.

- Slacker radio isn't THAT bad. I think the MCU factors in here more than most realize. When I had the model S loaner with the older MCU, the Slacker experience was much more sluggish, with songs being slower to load. This is not the case in my car.
I have a Spotify account, so I'm still holding out hope that they go with them in the States, but all-in-all, Slacker isn't bad. It's just not Spotify.

- I cannot wait to see what this car evolves into. The small, iterative software updates is what separates Tesla. Sure they have their manufacturing issues, but from a software perspective they're light years ahead of the rest. Anyone forecasting Tesla's demise doesn't recognize this.

- I've received a lot of positive attention from this car. So far I've been approached every time I've parked at a supercharger. Seeing the wild eyed amazement in kids' (and some adults) faces when I pop open the FWDs is fun. A lot of people are curious to learn about it.