Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2023.44.30.5.1 missing Park Assist Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What am I missing here? Do I need to have FSD in order to get the new Park Assist?
I am guessing that "what you are missing" is that the park assist feature currently is only for vehicles without ultrasonic sensors, and your car probably has ultrasonic sensors. My 2022 model YP does (have ultrasonic sensors).

Reactions: gmitano
Upvote 0
Hello all. I just completed the update to the new Christmas software and for some reason I have absolutely no idea how to activate the park assist.

I never had it before so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Happy holidays.

Thank you..
MY LR
It’s just a visualization you will see when backing up
Its assists you
My daughters M3
1703438827205.png

Upvote 0
I am guessing that "what you are missing" is that the park assist feature currently is only for vehicles without ultrasonic sensors, and your car probably has ultrasonic sensors. My 2022 model YP does (have ultrasonic sensors).
Can't USS be disabled via OTAU to enable park assist? Seems like that was done in both my Mar'22M3P & Sep'22MYLR, right after Tesla announced they were abandoning them. Is there a way to tell whether USS are active? Manually disable them in favor of vision only? Does all this become moot once V12 goes out to general release?

Upvote 0