Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded Katzkin leather interior done today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really wish I would have seen this before ordering white. Would have much preferred a custom interior. Damn.

I'm approaching this as an option down the line when the seats are badly worn and / or cracked. Enjoy your white interior. It certainly looks cool and of course would be great in a hot summer environment but I'm not so sure about its longevity. But this is a great option for cars that get a lot of wear and tear you can get a new interior for reasonable money.

Really wish I would have seen this before ordering white. Would have much preferred a custom interior. Damn.
I think you would have found if you went with aftermarket, while nice looking, would not outlast the OEM white interior. The factory white seats have been available since 2016 in the S and X and have held up far better than the leather option if you look around at used Teslas. People that own the white seats swear by them and it seems the only people that are afraid of the OEM white have never owned them. I was a non believer back in 2016 when I bought a new S and X with leather but eventually realized how much better the vegan seats were and now have vegan. I wonder if the Katzkin seats use the same quality simulated leather (vegan) that Tesla uses because vegan is definitely better than leather in comfort and durability. I currently have 3 Teslas with white interiors and they are fantastic. However If I was buying a new inventory Tesla with a plain black interior I would definitely consider buying these seats, possibly in red, to replace the black to be different and look custom.

Last edited:
Looks familiar. Excellent choice.
C834BFDF-9F76-49FF-AEF5-3B6EE8B7C409.jpeg
80D2C69B-EB28-498E-B0FD-788A13434A56.jpeg
4AE42CA5-11B0-43F1-9283-3EDEF1858629.jpeg
C3E0AE14-FA76-4521-91A3-2FACB594F754.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: pipestem and KenC