Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded to MCU2 now Sirius XM is available, what gives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 MS75D. Today i picked up my vehicle after having upgrading the MCU. In all the years ive had this car, i thought that i did not have siriusXM, but to my surprise, when i picked up the vehicle today, i have the icon and all of the stations, but no sound. I called siriusXM to add the subscription, but still no sound. What gives? is this just a fluke and the icon will go away once the vehicle is done running all of its updates, or did i always have this? the icon definitely was NOT in my options before this upgrade. Has anyone else experienced this? im trying to figure out if i should take the car back to the service center for them to do some investigating.

Thank you

thanks for your reply livesmith. I would think that it's some sort of mistake, but why would the icon and all of the stations be there? im truly baffled. Would be a nice surprise if it actually works. The message on the screen says "trial expired 10.11.20". I was on the phone with sirius xm for a while today and they tried everything, but nothing worked.

thanks for your reply livesmith. I would think that it's some sort of mistake, but why would the icon and all of the stations be there? im truly baffled. Would be a nice surprise if it actually works. The message on the screen says "trial expired 10.11.20". I was on the phone with sirius xm for a while today and they tried everything, but nothing worked.
Well, the other item I remember reading about was something about MCU2 upgrades and whether or not your car already had the antennas and if not then you couldn't upgrade. So maybe you don't have the antennas but the option was left turned on in MCU2.
In other words perhaps you have the XM radio but no antenna to actually receive a signal...