Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading to TESLA 20 Inch Wheels / RED Calipers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone!

I am taking delivery of my Model 3 LR RWD on 3/29 (hopefully) and I am interested in upgrading to the 20's TESLA has on their site: Model 3 20" Sport Wheel and Tire Package

The 19's that come with the car show as $3,500 and the 20's in the link above are $4,000.

Has anyone put in a request to upgrade to the 20's when their car arrives and what were the results?

What I would like to do is have them keep the 19's and pay for the difference in price for the 20's (this would be the simplest way to change wheels.) If you had to go a different route to get the 20's, can you shed some light on that process?

Can anyone recommend a place to get calipers painted in the Bay Area?

Thanks,

Mark

I’m in Socal so can’t help with the calipers, expect to pay between $300 and $600 for this.

As far as the wheels go there are a lot of people upgrading their wheels on the P3D so on this forum you find them ready to go for $2,500to $3,000 and some a little higher, you could easily get $1,500 to $1,600 for a complete 19” take off and the 18” Aeros go for about $1,000

Honestly you are better off with the 19” wheel as there are a LOT of people with bent 20” wheels, just search the threads, if you want a 20” wheel you are better off getting a fully forged wheel like the ones made by Titan 7 or similar, much lighter and much stronger for not much more money, wheel tire combo is maybe $3,500 to $3,700 so after the sale of the take off 19” set it’s about a 2K upgrade

Check out this thread for info on forged wheels
Titan 7 T-S5 Forged 20" wheels group buy?

Last edited: