Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US 2021 Tesla Model 3 boombox [missing due to being on factory firmware version]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a new Model 3(2021). Complete with the PWS that sounds like a little Jetsons car/UFO when in reverse... Yet no BoomBox in the Toy Box.. What gives? Car is only a few days (10) old.. I contacted support and they swear its on the latest software... Any ideas?

So I have a new Model 3(2021). Complete with the PWS that sounds like a little Jetsons car/UFO when in reverse... Yet no BoomBox in the Toy Box.. What gives? Car is only a few days (10) old.. I contacted support and they swear its on the latest software... Any ideas?
You are on the latest software designated for your car currently, but not on the latest software. Give it time, it's normal for new cars to come with an older and more stable software version. Your car will update eventually. These cars are not like all Windows computer that always get updates on Patch Tuesdays all at the same time.

By the way, you can check your software version under the Vehicle Controls (little car icon on the bottom left) and under the Software tab. If your have WiFi at home, you can connect the car to that also and it might help you download updates quicker.

Got my M3LR AWD on the 21st. It came with 2020.47.104. Still on 2020.47.104 as of now. Chatted with them yesterday just to be sure the car is communicating as it should. They had me do the two button reset, then power the car off, wait 2 minutes, and power it back on. Said everything looked good and "just wait". Still waiting. First world problem for sure. I don't mind. :) It will install the latest eventually and I feel better knowing everything looks good on their side.

Mike