Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Popcorn Company reports severe popcorn shortage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
MIDWEST, IL (AP) - The significant movement of posts to the 'snippiness' thread on the Tesla Motors Club forums has resulted in a severe shortage of popcorn kernels, according to Damon "Pops" Papboomcrack of the U.S. Popcorn Company, and has driven the price of the commodity up nearly 10-fold. Local agriculture leaders confirm the significant price increase.

"I haven't seen this much action on the 'snippiness' thread in months," says a TMC poster "flasherz", a forum regular. "I bought the last 10 lb. [4.5 kg] container of kernels from the shelf of a foodservice store just last week, and my household has consumed nearly all of it already!" "flasherz" recounts a time when only a single 1-lb. [450g] package was necessary for an entire month.

Continued reports suggest that this shortage may continue for quite some time, and it's affecting a significant service organization, too. Jim Byderp, troop leader of Kenuaswa Boy Scout Troop 363, reported to police that three pickup truck loads of popcorn kernels purchased by residents in his area as part of the boy scout annual fundraiser were hijacked. "We don't know how these families will meet their own popcorn needs, whether it's for the 'Prius Drivers Suck' forum, those who watch 'Judge Judy' and 'Judge Joe Brown', or even those observing the typical 'hold my beer and watch this' type activities," reported Byderp.

Authorities with the Martinson County Sheriff's Department couldn't be reached by phone, but e-mailed a statement urging all Tesla Motors Club forum members to "tone down posts a bit" to help bring order to the chaos in these popcorn prices.

The US Department of Agriculture is closely monitoring salt, butter, and various vegetable oil prices to determine any further impact.

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case we need to move this to the snippiness thread itself... here's a reason:

flasherz, you're a *#&% @#%^ (!@#%!# and you couldn't possibly be any more of an idiot.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was your intent, but now I'm making some popcorn.

- - - Updated - - -

Popcorn.jpg

MIDWEST, IL (AP) - The significant movement of posts to the 'snippiness' thread on the Tesla Motors Club forums has resulted in a severe shortage of popcorn kernels, according to Damon "Pops" Papboomcrack of the U.S. Popcorn Company, and has driven the price of the commodity up nearly 10-fold. Local agriculture leaders confirm the significant price increase.

"I haven't seen this much action on the 'snippiness' thread in months," says a TMC poster "flasherz", a forum regular. "I bought the last 10 lb. [4.5 kg] container of kernels from the shelf of a foodservice store just last week, and my household has consumed nearly all of it already!" "flasherz" recounts a time when only a single 1-lb. [450g] package was necessary for an entire month.

Continued reports suggest that this shortage may continue for quite some time, and it's affecting a significant service organization, too. Jim Byderp, troop leader of Kenuaswa Boy Scout Troop 363, reported to police that three pickup truck loads of popcorn kernels purchased by residents in his area as part of the boy scout annual fundraiser were hijacked. "We don't know how these families will meet their own popcorn needs, whether it's for the 'Prius Drivers Suck' forum, those who watch 'Judge Judy' and 'Judge Joe Brown', or even those observing the typical 'hold my beer and watch this' type activities," reported Byderp.

Authorities with the Martinson County Sheriff's Department couldn't be reached by phone, but e-mailed a statement urging all Tesla Motors Club forum members to "tone down posts a bit" to help bring order to the chaos in these popcorn prices.

The US Department of Agriculture is closely monitoring salt, butter, and various vegetable oil prices to determine any further impact.

- - - Updated - - -

Just in case we need to move this to the snippiness thread itself... here's a reason:

flasherz, you're a *#&% @#%^ (!@#%!# and you couldn't possibly be any more of an idiot.

It was reported that some TMC members could go through multiple buckets in a single thread in the on something as trivial as
post signatures

Methinks eating popcorn is more dangerous than driving a Tesla......

Reuters: U.S. popcorn makers could face long, expensive road to lose trans fats

Since 2005, trans fat usage has fallen precipitously - the Grocery Manufacturers Association said manufacturers have voluntarily lowered the amounts of trans fats in their food products by more than 73 percent. But further reduction could prevent 20,000 heart attacks as well as the 7,000 deaths from heart disease a year, the FDA said.