Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USAA Proof of payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery day scheduled for tomorrow. I feel like Tesla makes the process of using your own financing unnecessarily complicated as I've never had to call my lender so many times on a dealers behalf.

After a lengthy multi-day back and forth with my Tesla rep I was finally able to get them to send me the title application that USAA required to process the loan. As of this morning my loan account is showing in my USAA account so I called them to get the electronic funds Transaction ID as proof of payment (Tesla requested this method of Dealer Funding Request over a bank check). USAA provided the transaction ID and I sent it to my Tesla rep. They responded that they need proof of payment from USAA in the form of a "wire transfer receipt". I called my lender again (6th call in 3 days for Tesla). They once again said the transaction ID is the only proof of payment and there is not "wire transfer receipt" because it was electronically deposited directly into the account Tesla provided.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with proof of payment? Were you able to get Tesla to validate the Transaction ID as proof of payment?

I used USAA for mine. All I had to bring is proof that it's funded and Tesla took care of the rest. They said that USAA does things a little differently but I had no problems. My sales rep handled all the Tesla-USAA stuff.