Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

USB cables no longer included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my M3 today, no USB cables or 14-50 adapter.

Didn't need either, already had a Nomad Wireless charger sitting @ home and Tesla Wall Charger installed in garage. So didn't need, fine to save a couple bucks for Tesla.

Monoprice sells all kinds of USB cables for a couple bucks each...the Tesla ones aren't "special", right?

not getting a phone charging cable, at least ONE is really just ridiculous Elon. come on, what does that cost, .25$.?

It's whatever it costs for the cable.

Plus shipping to a warehouse someplace.

Plus shipping from that warehouse to all the various tesla delivery/service centers

Plus the people at the warehouses time to order them, handle getting the orders in/out, keep track of em.

Plus the peoples time at the various delivery/service centers to handle getting the orders in, keep track of stock, reorder the appropriate kind when needed, etc...

That's more than 25 cents.

It's probably still a pretty small amount... but times hundreds of thousands of cars sold a year it adds up.

Are you talking about the mobile charger? Of course it comes with that, along with the J1772 adapter. How else would you expect to charge your car?
I wouldn’t say ‘of course’ for the J1772 adapter.. Shouldn’t be surprising if this becomes another optional item to purchase in the future as well.. back to the usb cables- it is interesting that they decided to stop including such a low cost item inside the docking station, thank you for letting us know.

I wouldn’t say ‘of course’ for the J1772 adapter.. Shouldn’t be surprising if this becomes another optional item to purchase in the future as well.. back to the usb cables- it is interesting that they decided to stop including such a low cost item inside the docking station, thank you for letting us know.
Frankly I would be VERY surprised if they don't offer this J1772 adapter at purchase.