Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Use vehicle's account" needed to access premium connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My premium connectivity expired recently and I renewed it for a year. Prior to this, I could just use streaming without doing anything and the car would automatically began where it left off. Now, the car default's to radio and when I click "streaming" I'm always presented with a screen that has the option to either login or "use vehicle's account." If I click it, then premium loads. It's not a significant hassle but it's strange that the car never operate like this before. I have tried the two-button reset, powering off the car and back on, and nothing changes. I thought initially it may take a while for the subscription to take effect. But it has been like this for about a month now.

Am I missing something and is there a way to have the car operate like it did previously?

I've tried logging into all of them. But every time it starts up saying "Unable to login, please try again." and then I need to relogin again. I've already tried factory resetting, which did nothing. I've asked Tesla and they say "Operating as normal"

This happened on my wife's profile after recent software update. I fixed it by logging in using Tesla account, then fiddle with the seat so Tesla asks if I want to Save or Restore the settings. Click Save.

This same trick has worked earlier on many other similar quirks. I guess some settings might not be automatically saved until you actually save the profile.

The latest Spotify update is awesome, btw. Finally can access Artist and Album views by simple click instead of going through search.