Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 160k mile Mode X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive around 30k miles annually so yes, supercharging is a must and I'm sure I'll save $$. I would love a 100D but unfortunately, they didn't make them during 2016. From my understanding, 2016 was the last year where vehicles had free supercharging stuck to the car, not the owner.
I recently did a 1K mile trip in my X and spent around $70 supercharging (not an efficient commute @ 435 Wh/mi average). When comparing to another luxury vehicle (assumption is 25mpg highway), I would've spent about $120 (40 gal @ $3).

Let's put that in your scenario, 30K miles annually would be around $2.1K spent/saved on SC. Same factors for fuel (30K / 25 * $3), would be around $3.6K annually.

Technically free SC is saving you a couple of grand per year, but what about the amount of time spent at a super charger? What happens when you have to make a "minor" repair? I'd be reluctant to consider any vehicle out of warranty, ESPECIALLY a Model X.