Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 75D charging limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brother has the same car
If you go into ur Display settings in the car and go down to energy, there's 3 displays the percentage, distance, and when you click distance it shows rated or ideal. Rated will show you the range based on the rate that you drive with. Ideal will show you the range if you were driving at around 240 wh/mi. Most of the time you won't get ideal and your "rated" range will be much more accurate

Brother has the same car
If you go into ur Display settings in the car and go down to energy, there's 3 displays the percentage, distance, and when you click distance it shows rated or ideal. Rated will show you the range based on the rate that you drive with. Ideal will show you the range if you were driving at around 240 wh/mi. Most of the time you won't get ideal and your "rated" range will be much more accurate
Thanks, makes sense

My max charge limit is 281 miles. The highest its been is 284. Is this due to degradation? My car is 2019 75d with 33k miles
Your limit is based on the average usage of the car. For example. Ideal for my brothers car varies at 300 in the winter and 320 in the summer. But in order to get ideal numbers you have to drive at around 230 wh/mile which is pretty boring and has no real point. drive the car and enjoy it and don’t let range anxiety bother you, you’ll wake up with a full battery every morning. If you’re going long distance I would stick to the “rated setting so you don’t get stranded” but for every day driving just ignore the range and just enjoy the car.

Reactions: Jonnymack74