Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used LR or new LFP RWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found one LR used 2020 not far away, I can pick it up as soon as tomorrow, midnight silver metallic and white interior. Price is $37k 10k miles on it. 322 mile range.
Should I consider buying it instead of LFP 2023 RWD model which is also available to pick anytime. But as you know it has 272 mile range and non premium interior, no sub, no speakers, no fog lights etc. Same price. Does 2020 LR model worth over 2023 RWD even if it has better battery?

With both the RWD and LR AWD now qualifying for the full $7,500 rebate, that makes it a tough decision. Personally, I would want the upgrades you mentioned as well as a full warranty, etc. but your budget and what you feel you can afford are most important. Considering the rebates, A brand new LR AWD comes in at just under 40K and a RWD just under $32K. Of course, taxes (and the destination fee) need to be factored in. Where I live, we get taxed on used cars as well, even from a private buyer though maybe not as much. The new higher rebates are enticing and there have just recently been 2023 LR AWD on lots right now. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks guys, as I already have LR X we decided to go with RWD Model 3. It is under full warranty, red on white and $4000 discount on top of that made it a great option for us. After all we just need a daily driver for city (kids, groceries, work, home etc) so no long distance travel :) Better than Leaf or Bolt in my opinion.

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.17.27 AM.png