Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

used model s through tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ug . What a headache this has been. Got the call last week to schedule pickup but financing hasnt been finished because Tesla and my credit union are basically fighting over who does what first.

Who's in the right here? Credit union is stating Tesla needs to sign over the lien first. Where tesla saying they need the check firs . Tesla did write a letter of guarantee to sign over title once check is in hand. This has been going on since last Thursda .

What the heck!?@

Ug . What a headache this has been. Got the call last week to schedule pickup but financing hasnt been finished because Tesla and my credit union are basically fighting over who does what first.

Who's in the right here? Credit union is stating Tesla needs to sign over the lien first. Where tesla saying they need the check firs . Tesla did write a letter of guarantee to sign over title once check is in hand. This has been going on since last Thursda .

What the heck!?@

sounds like this might be an issue with your credit union. I’ve purchased two Tesla’s both were financed at the time and I never had any issues like you say. I received the MVPA from Tesla that was docusigned by me. That’s all my bank needed to fund. In fact they funded my loan a week before the car was ready last year. You might try asking for a manager in the lending dept at your credit union. It could be a matter of them being a smaller company and not dealing with a company like Tesla before.

Reactions: bubafett
For others to reference, I also picked up my car in Chicago (actually Westmont) last October. It took 5 days. I ordered around noon on 10/7 and I picked it up on 10/12. It took two days for them to confirm my delivery date. I just brought a check though.

The last vehicle I financed, I brought a check from my credit union (Navy Federal) to the dealership. The dealership then sent the title to NFCU, so this sounds like a credit union problem, not Tesla. That said, as others have mentioned, taking delivery of a used Tesla can be a trial by fire.

Yea thanks. Ended up not working out and having to finance through Tesla, just stinks as I was going for the 3 months deferred that the credit union offered.

Inside note was happy with how quick they made the car availabl . Hopefully it's in good shape and all that

i was there when tesla and your credit union were talking to each other, i've taken a picture for your convenience to understand what was going on

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Reactions: bubafett