Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Trade in Values for 2022 Model 3 LFP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks! Hoping someone can help me out.
Looking at picking up one of the Hertz 2022 LFP Model 3s with around 50k miles. Great incentives on there but am wondering, what are roughly the trade in values for 22 LFP base Model 3s now?

Unfortunately cannot get an estimate through Tesla website as it is not on my Tesla account.
Carmax not showing any values, just bring it in for appointment.

I just went to Carmax and had them appraise my 2022 Model 3 Performance with 25k miles. They said $28K for my car but he also said that the offers were low because they just bought so many of the Hertz cars for $17K. Honestly, they probably would offer you $15k-16K for a Model 3 RWD right now.

Resell values have been absolutely obliterated because of the price drops. There are many places that just simply won't buy a Tesla vehicle right now unless you essentially give it to them.

It is extremely difficult to sell a Tesla vehicle right now any other way than private party. However, most private party buyers are just looking for a ridiculous deal right now. The depreciation on these vehicles is pretty extreme.

Reactions: maksimfa
I just went to Carmax and had them appraise my 2022 Model 3 Performance with 25k miles. They said $28K for my car but he also said that the offers were low because they just bought so many of the Hertz cars for $17K. Honestly, they probably would offer you $15k-16K for a Model 3 RWD right now.

Resell values have been absolutely obliterated because of the price drops. There are many places that just simply won't buy a Tesla vehicle right now unless you essentially give it to them.

It is extremely difficult to sell a Tesla vehicle right now any other way than private party. However, most private party buyers are just looking for a ridiculous deal right now. The depreciation on these vehicles is pretty extreme.
Great point. Wondering how many more EVs Hertz has to dump... and maybe that would stabilize things. We are also coming closer to tax time... so that should help the values just a weee bit more.

I'm currently in the process of trading in my 22 Model 3 rwd with <10000mi on a new Model Y LR. I'm getting 24.5k trade in value. I feel its low but bought at the height of the market and I figure the tax rebate makes it worth while for me. I originally wanted the Y but was too expensive at the time. I would normally sell on my own but didn't want to take the chance of losing out on the extra 1k incentive for purchasing before 3/1.

I'm currently in the process of trading in my 22 Model 3 rwd with <10000mi on a new Model Y LR. I'm getting 24.5k trade in value. I feel its low but bought at the height of the market and I figure the tax rebate makes it worth while for me. I originally wanted the Y but was too expensive at the time. I would normally sell on my own but didn't want to take the chance of losing out on the extra 1k incentive for purchasing before 3/1.
Thank you for the data point! is that the Tesla trade in estimate? Or through another site?

FWIW, trade-in on a 2023 M3P with 16K is $33K everywhere you go. Tesla actually offered the most at $33,700 toward a '21 Plaid, but these cars aren't worth much to dealers. There are so many out there, and they know they'll throw them on the lot and make at least $5K-$10K easy.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd