Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Previously Repaired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been monitoring used MS vehicles on the Tesla website for several weeks. Today was the first time I have seen listings where the car has a description of ‘Previously Repaired to Tesla Specifications’. Has Tesla always listed used cars that have been repaired? I have looked at 100+ listings and never seen this before today.

I don’t think you should avoid if priced correctly. My car has been hit and was repaired well, at one of the best body shops in the area which I chose and if I were to sell I would look at current prices and probably lower it 5k or so. A 10% discount

I think people overstate the issues with repaired cars, but I'd want to see a report on the accident if you possibly can, or ask Tesla to elaborate.

If the price is right and warranty compete, I wouldn't personally exclude it.

Reactions: StarLog
I wouldn't be too concerned about it, my car was bumped at a red light and the other car's license plate scuffed my rear bumper. The other parties insurance replaced the bumper and it was fixed by Tesla certified shop, it shows up on car history since it went through insurance, I am sure other vehicles have similar cosmetic damage listed as previously repaired.

Reactions: StarLog
Emailed my Tesla guy to see what he had to say about the "repaired" vehicles. His response below.

No salvage title on any of my cars

No repair history provided or available.

Accident history is considered confidential (not known by Tesla)

75-85% of cars showing accident are fender bender.

No cars on my inventory have had serious accidents like wrapped around a tree, etc.

Even if no accident is reported, we still put all cars through 120 point inspection and investigate for frame damage

Emailed my Tesla guy to see what he had to say about the "repaired" vehicles. His response below.

No salvage title on any of my cars

No repair history provided or available.

Accident history is considered confidential (not known by Tesla)

75-85% of cars showing accident are fender bender.

No cars on my inventory have had serious accidents like wrapped around a tree, etc.

Even if no accident is reported, we still put all cars through 120 point inspection and investigate for frame damage

lol- so now its a "120 point" inspection? When did that change (had been 70)? Nonetheless, it's hard to believe they do any inspection based on some of the reports here.