Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla Purchase Delay Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am searching for a specific color and spec Used Tesla. If I were to find one and it was not in my state (sort of on purpose looking for one out of state to make a little vacation road trip back home), can I put the deposit down and have the car held till I can schedule pick up? For example, if my particular car came up on the Used Inventory site today, I would not be prepared to pick it up for a number of weeks.

I don’t fully know the answers to all your questions but I know the ability to take delivery in another state can be dependent on the specific state. I had once inquired with Tesla about picking up in another state and they told me I would have to pay that state’s sale tax as well as my own state’s. I am also doubtful they will hold the car for you for multiple weeks.

Thanks. I researched the sales tax and I would pay the delivery state location sales tax and then FL would give me credit for it up to the FL max (no refund) or if lower than FL, I have to pay the difference.

Is there a time frame between when you put the deposit online to pick up? I think they keep the cars offsite. I was thinking I need time to schedule airfare etc.

I was thinking that would be the case; only hold the car if I paid for it sight unseen (and maybe not even then). I will make a call to them to see, but maybe I just need to watch the pricing, but have to wait to pull the trigger when I am within a few weeks of my availability.