Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Vehicle Information Package Ontario - 2019 SR+ Avg Wholesale Value Stated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering selling my 2019 SR+ privately in Ontario. Can anyone tell me what the average wholesale value is for a 2019 SR+ as stated in the Ontario Used Vehicle Information Package?

As stated on the Service Ontario Website:
  • the average wholesale value of the vehicle (minimum value on which Retail Sales Tax (RST) will apply)

Let me clarify what I'm getting at. In February when I saw how much used Model 3's were selling for privately on autotrader.ca, I out of curiousity asked Tesla for a Trade In offer on my car. They replied back with a paltry $27,000. Based on my mileage, colour, the wait time for new cars and the crazy used vehicle market right now, I think its reasonable to assume I could sell my SR+ privately for $45,000 - $46,000. Lets say I have a friend who wants to buy my SR+. He would have to pay 13% tax on the greater of the purchase price as stated on the bill of sale or the average wholesale value of the vehicle as stated in the Ontario Used Vehicle Information package. Do you see what I'm getting at? Anyways, has anyone bought or sold a Model 3 SR+ privately this year that can advise what the avg wholesale value is as stated on the UVIP package?

Last edited: