Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using front and rear touchscreens simultaneously

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed an odd behavior today in my refresh MS, firmware 2021.32.22. The first unusual thing, for reference, was that there was a child in the backseat and a teenager in the front passenger seat. I don't have kids, so this was an exciting (?) experience for me. Anyway the one in the front seat wanted to surf the web, and the one in the backseat wanted to watch Youtube videos.

This seemed to work fine EXCEPT when both were interacting with their touchscreens at the same time, the car seemed to get confused by it - it seemed to be treating them as one large screen, rather than two independent ones, so simultaneous swiping (scrolling) on the front screen and back screen was seen as a pinch gesture on one screen or the other, so they started zooming in/out and randomly pushing each other's (literal) buttons.

Has anyone else noticed this? This is the first time I've had that many touchscreen users in the car at the same time so I can't tell if it's new.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
Bumping this.
Also curious to know...what can the rear screen do while in drive currently? (At current firmware levels)

Does it work for Bluetooth headphones and it's own video/audio separate?
Can kids watch stuff and me still have my own audio?

I have yet to find which features work now and which are coming in future firmware releases.