Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UWB not available with new Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model 3 SR today and I can't seem to use the ability to open the boot when I'm near to the car (The 'Auto Trunk' feature) when using my iPhone 15 pro (running 17.5.1), as a key.
The functionality is turned on in the car, which is running 2024.14.9

I don't appear to have an option to turn on Nearby Interactions on my iPhone - there is nothing in that list.
The iPhone Tesla key has not offered be any 'upgrade', even after re-setting it.

I had a M3 LR prior to this if that makes any difference.

Can anyone advise please?

I've...
Re-booted the car
Re-booted ny Phone,
Toggled Blutooth,
Re-registered my Tesla App
Removed it as a key and re-added it.

Im sure you’ve done this but have you deleted the Tesla app and then gone to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and manually deleted the on-device storage if needed after deletion? Sometimes the local storage doesn’t get deleted if you delete the app from Springboard.

I had to do this after the app lost contact with one of our Y’s as well as manually delete the Bluetooth associations from the phone.

This is indeed how I deleted the app for the reason you stated.

Reactions: Utumno
Upvote 0
Im sure you’ve done this but have you deleted the Tesla app and then gone to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and manually deleted the on-device storage if needed after deletion? Sometimes the local storage doesn’t get deleted if you delete the app from Springboard.

I had to do this after the app lost contact with one of our Y’s as well as manually delete the Bluetooth associations from the phone.
Good tip - I totally forgot about that. I'll try again.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Even with this mine doesn’t work.
IMG_5916.jpeg

Reactions: CDrury
Upvote 0
Just reinstalled the Tesla app and now Nearby Interactions is empty and the app is not offering the opportunity to upgrade the key anymore.

Yup, I saw in other forums that someone examined the app and notice that the app did not declare UWB permission. It seems it would be an easy issue to resolve in the next update, although I am not sure whether Tesla engineers are aware of it.

Upvote 0