Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

V11 model Y - how to do display the odometer ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I did the update to V11, I don'tt understand where or how to do display the odometer. Previously, it was a swipe from left to right but nothing happens now.
Thanks for your advice.
Franck
From the Setting screen select Trips. The odometer is displayed at the bottom of the Trips display. Else, scroll down to the bottom of the main screen of the Tesla app.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Upvote 0
Even ancient cars can display constantly and by default some basic info, odometer consumption, remaining energy quantity… .Tesla is using a third of the screen to show my own car and the shape of the vehicles next to me, which I preferably see without looking at the screen!
Maybe technology also need to use common sense. Or allow for more personalisation.

Upvote 0
1. Set your phone screen to not time out.

2. Open up the phone app.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

4. Put your phone on the charger pad to remain charged despite the screen being on all the time.

Presto, magico, you now have an odometer reading all the time. AND you get to have your nav screen displayed on the bigger screen at the same time. Technology is wonderful.... except it doesn't help with the tenths of a mile/km that some people want.

Reactions: Darmie
Upvote 0
1. Set your phone screen to not time out.

2. Open up the phone app.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

4. Put your phone on the charger pad to remain charged despite the screen being on all the time.

Presto, magico, you now have an odometer reading all the time. AND you get to have your nav screen displayed on the bigger screen at the same time. Technology is wonderful.... except it doesn't help with the tenths of a mile/km that some people want.
I would think this was funny if I thought you were kidding.

Upvote 0
I would think this was funny if I thought you were kidding.

If you have to google (or post on a forum) to figure out how to use a basic function on your car then Tesla has failed.

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
Upvote 0
Removing the easy access to the trip cards, IMHO is just stupid. I use them to see how far I’ve driven on a leg (most recent trip) or a reset from last charging session. How many miles, how many minutes, what is average WH/MI usage. VERY useful. I really hope they bring it back, not sure why it couldn’t just be there as it was before? Same with tire pressure. I often get alerts in the mornings since it’s cold, TP goes down and I want to just make sure it’s not ACTUALLY a flat. Now, it’s two clicks and a lot more looking farther to the right to get to it. Certainly not as easy and certainly nothing that even NEW muscle memory is going to solve.

Reactions: apkom and sleepydoc
Upvote 0
Removing the easy access to the trip cards, IMHO is just stupid. I use them to see how far I’ve driven on a leg (most recent trip) or a reset from last charging session. How many miles, how many minutes, what is average WH/MI usage.
Why in the world do you need that information? It isn't as if you are driving an EV that's range is affected by terrain, wind, heavy rain, deep snow, or cold. Or speed. Or the amount of heat I'm attempting to pump into the cabin.

My Model Y has 505 km of range all the time. It must or else Lord Elon would have provided some way to keep track of my real time usage of power AND be able navigate at the same time.

Of course, even that would be a downgrade from before when I could also see which podcast was playing (and know how much longer it had to run), where I was going, AND see the trip card with my time on the road, distance traveled, and WH/km usage. Oh the wonderful things we used to have...

Oh well, now we have a button on the home screen that takes us straight to the theatre system which says we can't watch movies while driving. So much better than wasting my time watching my battery usage or easily hitting a defrost button. Lord Elon has spoken and I will continue to whip myself daily until I can mean it when I say he obviously knows what is best for me (and then stop writing posts dripping with sarcasm.)

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0
I’d really like to see a few things added back to the top menu bar, at the top of the NAV screen. I never really found any of this things overbearing or taking away from the ability to easily read NAV and or have maximum nav on the screen. I’d like to see them either add them, or put a checkbox in the settings menu to have the option to display them in the menu bar - a la any computer interface or many mobile interfaces.

I’d like to see added back
Easy access to Sentry Mode, tap on tap off and press hold to get to captured videos.
Easy access to user profiles, taking this away doesn’t make any sense to me. Not only switching between actual drivers, but I switch between profiles for having FSD active or not.
I’d rather have the Homelink button up there since where it sits on the bottom I think it’s too easy to tap accidentally and at that point something like the garage door CLOSING on the top of the car is BAADD.
I also like to be able to switch between my phones when I have a work phone and personal phone, and having one tap to the BT connection wasn’t a real pain
And lastly, bring back the LTE connection status. When we do road trips and are solely dependent on LTE for navigation, radio, etc, I’d be nice to know/see if that connection is where the problem is.

Upvote 0