Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vampire drain from unclosed door/trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

privater

2016 Model S and 2017 Model 3 owner
Jun 22, 2016
CA
Long story short:

The door didn't closed properly, Model 3 burns 10 miles battery range for not going to sleep during the night.

There is something missing in Tesla's software design: if a door/trunk stays open, the car will never goes to sleep. Heavy battery vampire drain occurs. And what's worst is there is no notification on App, you don't know why it's still awake until you personally go and check each door/trunk.

It should be a easy feature add to App and boost safety too:
If a door/trunk stays open for 5 mins, send a notification to owner.

Reactions: SMAlset and fseir
I had something similar happen to me. First night on a trip, at a hotel, I checked on the car via the app as a paranoid person does. Noticed the climate control was on and shut it off. Then noticed the unlocked symbol. Tried to lock the car, and only then did the app throw an error saying a door was open. The door had been shut but not latched, window was still lowered.

I agree, this is an easy fix. A window down alert and ability to roll them up remotely would be nice too.

Having an alert would be nice, however, my app shows if doors/frunk/trunk are open (although not the easiest to see with a black car).

20180620_215730000_iOS.png

This is a huge issue IMO. It is extremely difficult to close the doors without modest force. 50% of my passengers so far have failed to close the door upon exiting and I have no way of knowing. I definitely want a setting to get a phone notification if the car has been parked and 1 or more doors remains open for X minutes.

Reactions: privater and fseir
This is a huge issue IMO. It is extremely difficult to close the doors without modest force. 50% of my passengers so far have failed to close the door upon exiting and I have no way of knowing. I definitely want a setting to get a phone notification if the car has been parked and 1 or more doors remains open for X minutes.

When I have passengers in my BMW, I find they always slam the doors too hard. I never say anything, but it silently annoys me.

At least with the Tesla I can now take comfort in the fact that they need more push anyway. :)

Reactions: davedavedave