Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were really honest with the defects that they found on my car (even thought I didn't spot it until they pointed it out), and offered follow up appointments for repair.

I don't think anything is fishy here.
I guess so.

I gave the number a call back and he told me they swap trucks at the border as they move some cars up to Alberta. So they are waiting for a truck now.

Still doesn't explain @Lewisball 's situation. Any updates on that?

I guess so.

I gave the number a call back and he told me they swap trucks at the border as they move some cars up to Alberta. So they are waiting for a truck now.

Still doesn't explain @Lewisball 's situation. Any updates on that?

Tell me about it. There's definitely something going on that they're not telling me. I'm thinking of going down to the PNE this afternoon to try and get some answers in person. I would totally be OK if I had a date for delivery next week, I could make plans, adjust my expectations, but not having a date is killing me, I keep being told it could be same day, but I don't know how they can say that if they don't know why it's being held up.

Reactions: Padfutonian
I was rescheduled from Sunday to Wednesday but yesterday at noon I received a call from Tesla rescheduling me for 7:30 yesterday. It wasn't busy when I was there but they said it would be getting busier later in the week. Overall they said that they will be delivering 540 model 3 vehicles from the PNE and about 250 model S and model X vehicles. I think they're delivering from the PNE for about 2 weeks.

Car was perfect and I loved how it accelerated up the cut on the way home.

Reactions: Canuck and Yooner
I got the call last night at 9:00. They could not garuntee my delivery tomorrow so asked that I do not book the ferry to Vancouver. They have left my scheduled delivery day for tomorrow but only to keep the car on the prioirty list. My DA was very nice about it and she said I could book a new delivery date anytime I want once the car is at the PNE. Very frustrating but I do understand. Unfortunately I sold my car and I am driving a rental.

I got the call last night at 9:00. They could not garuntee my delivery tomorrow so asked that I do not book the ferry to Vancouver. They have left my scheduled delivery day for tomorrow but only to keep the car on the prioirty list. My DA was very nice about it and she said I could book a new delivery date anytime I want once the car is at the PNE. Very frustrating but I do understand. Unfortunately I sold my car and I am driving a rental.
The guy told me the same thing, same day turnover once they get it... Or they'll try.

I'm just a bit concerned because of the mass, unexpected and unexplained delays. My car was due to arrive last night, supposedly. I think that's a bit tight of a time frame; the night before a promised delivery.

Last edited:
Can someone share the insurance cost they received via ICBC for their model 3??
Please include your current discount too!

With full discount (43%):
Basic Autoplan 1175
+ Optional (w/ lowest deductibles and $3M Liability) 1415
+ Replacement 850

I went with ICBC and also bought $3M plus UMP (which is now vehicle dependent but only $25) and I paid $2,970.00 with 43% deduction and without replacement cost insurance. I can live with the price difference between ACV and replacement cost if my vehicle is totalled, and in 36 years of driving I've never totalled a vehicle (knock wood). If I do, I will probably have bigger concerns than the difference in values. Plus the big difference usually hits a few years down the road, when replacement cost is no longer offered.

So ICBC is $355 more than going with a private insurer for optional coverage, based on these numbers.

I undertook a covert mission to see if my car was on the backlot. Lots of cars there, more than 50? No sign of mine, although I did find one with the same config and a higher VIN. DA says he’s still looking into where my car is.

Attachments

• AD316ED2-C218-4720-993A-77DA88398F68.jpeg
    AD316ED2-C218-4720-993A-77DA88398F68.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 49C79466-4CD1-4EF5-9DAF-226DA2ABCCCE.jpeg
    49C79466-4CD1-4EF5-9DAF-226DA2ABCCCE.jpeg
    590.6 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Seamus
BCAA optional full coverage include vehicle replacement cost is 1325$ way cheaper than ICBC
Yep--totally agree. BCAA quoted me around $1260 for the optional with replacement plus (I have the 43%discount, plus the 10%BCAA membership discount). Not sure how it works getting this optional insurance on the day of delivery though...Anyone have any insight?

I went with ICBC and also bought $3M plus UMP (which is now vehicle dependent but only $25) and I paid $2,970.00 with 43% deduction and without replacement cost insurance. I can live with the price difference between ACV and replacement cost if my vehicle is totalled, and in 36 years of driving I've never totalled a vehicle (knock wood). If I do, I will probably have bigger concerns than the difference in values. Plus the big difference usually hits a few years down the road, when replacement cost is no longer offered.

So ICBC is $355 more than going with a private insurer for optional coverage, based on these numbers.

Private insurer I went with was significantly lower than ICBC.
$2.8M (+$200k from ICBC), Deductibles are $300 Coll, $200 Comp., Full replacement value for 5yrs, and some other extras that I believe ICBC doesn't even offer. Only $1079!

Add ICBC's 1175 Base = $2,254 - Almost $1,200 cheaper for similar coverage!

(Note, I also lucked out being Alumni of a specific school gave a small additional discount)

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Private insurer I went with was significantly lower than ICBC.
$2.8M (+$200k from ICBC), Deductibles are $300 Coll, $200 Comp., Full replacement value for 5yrs, and some other extras that I believe ICBC doesn't even offer. Only $1079!

Add ICBC's 1175 Base = $2,254 - Almost $1,200 cheaper for similar coverage!

(Note, I also lucked out being Alumni of a specific school gave a small additional discount)

Do you mind sharing the name of the insurer and school that got you the discount please? Was going to go with BCAA but your price is really good.