Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver BC VIN .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you do not need those auto-park, NOA, lane change, summon, our 2.5 is more than enough for it. If you pony up to get full AP, you will get hardware upgrade included, so what's not been future proofed?

Early (~2012/2013) Model Ss and Xs do not have the ability to use dashcam USBs or activate Sentry Mode, for starters. Not really a stretch to think future features could be hardware restricted from HW2.5, especially since HW3 is a significant upgrade (~5 to 10x more powerful).

hi all...wondering if anyone on here from vancouver, bc has taken delivery in the last few days? i've heard the west 4th delivery centre is very backed up. i ordered on july 30th and then a few days ago changed to an inventory model 3...which is currently in vancouver. do they still arrange delivery based on the order date even if it's an inventory car? i made the change over the phone and the person helping me gave me the vin number...account has been updated but the vin number is still not showing up on the account. I'm just being impatient...waited a long time for this car!

I ordered my Model 3, on August 2, and I had to call to get my VIN too (Aug 23), and my delivery was scheduled for Sept 4. If that helps with the waiting time, not sure about inventory question though.

Hi everyone,

I have an appointment to pick up my model 3 this coming Saturday, vin number 422XXX

Is it expected to have HW3?
Almost certainly, although there is a very small chance of getting 2.5 if you are ordering a config that is unlikely to get FSD (SR/+ especially with black paint). Teslas are not built to order, and it's possible one has been kicking around a lot somewhere.

This is my terrible experience today:

Went to pick up my Tesla, with an appointment set at 1pm with Luke Harnell. I came pretty on time, maybe 1-2 minutes late and checked in with them. My dad and girlfriend came with me so my dad could drive the other car home.

20-30 minutes passed and a rep came out to ask if I wanted to see the Tesla I was going to get. I said sure. Another 30 minutes passed by and I still have not seen Luke, the person that I was supposed to meet for the delivery of my car. At this point, I'm getting really annoyed because not only am I waiting, but my family is too. Also, we do not know what was going on that is taking so long (No transparency).

We were not offered anything, a bottle of water, coffee etc and for washrooms, we were told to go to Tim Hortons.

At this point, it's about 2pm. 1 hour after our scheduled time. There was a family that came at 2pm for their 2pm appointment and were almost IMMEDIATELY brought in. They had to sit maybe, 3-6 minutes before they were led in by their rep. After we complained, they brought us in to the back where other people were already talking to their reps about their vehicles.

In the back, we waited another 5-10 minutes before Luke Harnell came out to tell us what was going on and why we were waiting so long - FINALLY!!!! Our first time seeing him, After a little back and forth he said that he could go to the back and see if they received an e-mail so I said something along the lines of, "OK, Go back there and check and tell me how long it will take." His answer to that was "Don't tell me what to do" and stormed off and tried to not slam the door as hard as he wanted to (Yes there was still a slam).

That attitude is coming from a service agent that was not courteous enough to let me know what was going on and I had to wait there for OVER an hour before I knew what was going on.

He came back out after calming down a little bit but I was definitely not having it since he already gave me that attitude knowing how pissed and unhappy I was with the lack of transparency and courtesy and wasting my time and my family's time. - Oh yeah, all of this is happening when we haven't eaten lunch (We were pretty hangry). If they had let us know earlier when they found out, we would have used that time we waited to maybe go for lunch or book another day and time to come back - but NOPE, they chose to make us wait.

He was then asking us what we'd wanted to do, and when trying to figure that out with my family, since my dad has to accompany me to bring me here, I had to consult with him. Luke Harnell, walked away when I was about to tell him we would come back on another day. THANKS!

We asked for the manager to come speak with us now.

Oscar, the manager came out after a few minutes. Oscar was more mild and was listening to us. He told us he will be the one to help us on the next appointment personally to sign the papers.

Overall, my experience is very poor. Some of the team members were trying to help and tried not to intervene in the heat of things. There were 2 other reps when I was in the back room and they were apologizing. So yes, there are reps that do care about their job but I definitely got unlucky getting Luke Harnell as my rep. Luke Harnell's Attitude: 0, Service: 0, Transparency: 0, Courtesy: 0. Oscar helping recuperated some points.

Was told Tesla had terrible service, didn't know how bad it was until I got it first hand. But then again, other than Luke, other staff was trying to help and not giving me attitude.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
This is my terrible experience today:

Went to pick up my Tesla, with an appointment set at 1pm with Luke Harnell. I came pretty on time, maybe 1-2 minutes late and checked in with them. My dad and girlfriend came with me so my dad could drive the other car home.

20-30 minutes passed and a rep came out to ask if I wanted to see the Tesla I was going to get. I said sure. Another 30 minutes passed by and I still have not seen Luke, the person that I was supposed to meet for the delivery of my car. At this point, I'm getting really annoyed because not only am I waiting, but my family is too. Also, we do not know what was going on that is taking so long (No transparency).

We were not offered anything, a bottle of water, coffee etc and for washrooms, we were told to go to Tim Hortons.

At this point, it's about 2pm. 1 hour after our scheduled time. There was a family that came at 2pm for their 2pm appointment and were almost IMMEDIATELY brought in. They had to sit maybe, 3-6 minutes before they were led in by their rep. After we complained, they brought us in to the back where other people were already talking to their reps about their vehicles.

In the back, we waited another 5-10 minutes before Luke Harnell came out to tell us what was going on and why we were waiting so long - FINALLY!!!! Our first time seeing him, After a little back and forth he said that he could go to the back and see if they received an e-mail so I said something along the lines of, "OK, Go back there and check and tell me how long it will take." His answer to that was "Don't tell me what to do" and stormed off and tried to not slam the door as hard as he wanted to (Yes there was still a slam).

That attitude is coming from a service agent that was not courteous enough to let me know what was going on and I had to wait there for OVER an hour before I knew what was going on.

He came back out after calming down a little bit but I was definitely not having it since he already gave me that attitude knowing how pissed and unhappy I was with the lack of transparency and courtesy and wasting my time and my family's time. - Oh yeah, all of this is happening when we haven't eaten lunch (We were pretty hangry). If they had let us know earlier when they found out, we would have used that time we waited to maybe go for lunch or book another day and time to come back - but NOPE, they chose to make us wait.

He was then asking us what we'd wanted to do, and when trying to figure that out with my family, since my dad has to accompany me to bring me here, I had to consult with him. Luke Harnell, walked away when I was about to tell him we would come back on another day. THANKS!

We asked for the manager to come speak with us now.

Oscar, the manager came out after a few minutes. Oscar was more mild and was listening to us. He told us he will be the one to help us on the next appointment personally to sign the papers.

Overall, my experience is very poor. Some of the team members were trying to help and tried not to intervene in the heat of things. There were 2 other reps when I was in the back room and they were apologizing. So yes, there are reps that do care about their job but I definitely got unlucky getting Luke Harnell as my rep. Luke Harnell's Attitude: 0, Service: 0, Transparency: 0, Courtesy: 0. Oscar helping recuperated some points.

Was told Tesla had terrible service, didn't know how bad it was until I got it first hand. But then again, other than Luke, other staff was trying to help and not giving me attitude.

I got my Tesla yesterday after all this happened, the manager Oscar came to deliver the vehicle instead of Luke. The manager did everything he could to help with making my experience better and I really appreciate it. He even gave me 2 Tesla Model 3 toy models because he had a few left over which was nice.

The sales staff I had, Sydney was nice. She's on the W. 4th ave. She said she would give me 3 months of FSD trial for the bad experience I had then later I find out that it was given to everybody that picks up their vehicles on one of the last 3 days of the year. Oh well, free is free, but wish she hadn't lied about it.

I got my Tesla yesterday after all this happened, the manager Oscar came to deliver the vehicle instead of Luke. The manager did everything he could to help with making my experience better and I really appreciate it. He even gave me 2 Tesla Model 3 toy models because he had a few left over which was nice.

The sales staff I had, Sydney was nice. She's on the W. 4th ave. She said she would give me 3 months of FSD trial for the bad experience I had then later I find out that it was given to everybody that picks up their vehicles on one of the last 3 days of the year. Oh well, free is free, but wish she hadn't lied about it.

Well aren't you lucky. I'm sure others went through the same thing and came out with far less.

Welcome to Tesla and get used to it , this is the type of service you will come to expect especially the service part of it . No one will ever pick up the phone when you call the service department at 4th ave or call you back . Like the post above said you actually got a lot for your troubles

The service is neither consistently poor nor is it consistently good. If you deal with Tesla several times, chances are that sometimes the service is great and also sometimes it is poor. I've had my share of both but in the big scheme of things I am still happy with my car and would rather deal with the occasional bad service than own a car I like less with impeccable service. Not making an excuse for the bad service and they really need to improve their game on this front. If Tesla gets it's build quality and service levels to a company like Lexus, they'd sell so many more cars.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Well aren't you lucky. I'm sure others went through the same thing and came out with far less.

No doubt about it.

Welcome to Tesla and get used to it , this is the type of service you will come to expect especially the service part of it . No one will ever pick up the phone when you call the service department at 4th ave or call you back . Like the post above said you actually got a lot for your troubles

Judging from what I've heard and what I just went through, I can see that happening. But now I know what to expect when trying to get something done on my car now. Expect to make multiple calls at multiple times in multiple days lol.

The service is neither consistently poor nor is it consistently good. If you deal with Tesla several times, chances are that sometimes the service is great and also sometimes it is poor. I've had my share of both but in the big scheme of things I am still happy with my car and would rather deal with the occasional bad service than own a car I like less with impeccable service. Not making an excuse for the bad service and they really need to improve their game on this front. If Tesla gets it's build quality and service levels to a company like Lexus, they'd sell so many more cars.

I did hear a lot about the build quality and I did point out a lot of the build issues from the previous one they were giving me, which they switched to a different vehicle because they were getting another shipment of cars in. I also believe that if they upped their service game and build quality, they'd get a lot more.