Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver (GVRD) - Ceramic Coat & Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Tesla owners in Vancouver, lower mainland area,
Do you guys have a recommendation for shops doing ceramic coating & tint?
Thanks,
Personally I am planning to go with RDI Detailing for opti-coat pro plus. Model 3 is considered as medium sized car and they need 2 days to coat this car (with paint correction). They do recommend schedule to bring car directly to them right after delivery

Reactions: Tnkw
Tinting with Ronnie/Paul at PH Solar in Vancouver and Ceramic coating with Ken Wilson of Autowerkes in Maple Ridge. Dealt with both of them multiple times.

I think I met you there today, with the CF spoiler on the S P90D? If so, it was nice meeting you!

+1 for Ronnie for film. He was working on a gorgeous gt2rs today.

Personally I am planning to go with RDI Detailing for opti-coat pro plus. Model 3 is considered as medium sized car and they need 2 days to coat this car (with paint correction). They do recommend schedule to bring car directly to them right after delivery

How did you decide on Opti-coat pro plus over pro? I can't seem to justify the cost over 1500 for pro plus. I exchanged couple of email with Roman @ RDI, and I think I'd go with pro & tint (back 5 windows). Also, is the paint correction extra on top of cost of pro plus?
Thanks!

How did you decide on Opti-coat pro plus over pro? I can't seem to justify the cost over 1500 for pro plus. I exchanged couple of email with Roman @ RDI, and I think I'd go with pro & tint (back 5 windows). Also, is the paint correction extra on top of cost of pro plus?
Thanks!
Pro + has extra 2 years of warranty. It is an additional layer of Pro + on top of the Pro that provides more gloss/shine/reflection. $400 difference in cost so I figured might as well spend that for longer lasting coating and more shine.

Note I still do not have my car though lol, EDIT button is still there. Just planning in my head.

I think I met you there today, with the CF spoiler on the S P90D? If so, it was nice meeting you!

+1 for Ronnie for film. He was working on a gorgeous gt2rs today.

Yes, we met today at PH Solar and good to see more 3’s on the road and it was nice to meet you as well. Hopefully, I get my P3D+ soon so I qualify for the BC incentive...the extended 2hr test drive sold me on the 3 over my S90D. I can’t justify paying 20-25% luxury tax on another Model S in the future.

Yeah, that green Porsche GT2RS caught my eye as well. Seems like there’s always a nice Porsche, McLaren, Audi R8, Lambo or Ferrari being worked on everytime I visit PH Solar.

Last edited:
Reactions: phtp
Did anyone use Gleam Works?
Ceramic Coating Vancouver | Vancouver Detailing | Gleamworks Detailing

They seem to have better pricing over RDI or Autowerkes.
Gleam Works looks like they just recently got officially certified for Opti-Coat (they wern't couple months ago when I looked into it). However, they have nearly identical price as RDI, in fact RDI is $2.00 cheaper for each package lol. When you look at Gleam's pricing table, don't forget there are vehicle type tabs at top for small car, medium car, etc.

Gleam Works looks like they just recently got officially certified for Opti-Coat (they wern't couple months ago when I looked into it). However, they have nearly identical price as RDI, in fact RDI is $2.00 cheaper for each package lol. When you look at Gleam's pricing table, don't forget there are vehicle type tabs at top for small car, medium car, etc.

When I contacted them, they gave me price of $1099 for Opti-coat Pro. So, it's $100 cheaper. I guess they treat as small car. Tint price was cheaper as well.

Checked their site and it’s 999 for small car and $1199 for medium. Maybe cheaper with tint job together? How much they charge to tint?

Are you guys planning to have ceramic done asap or after the winter season?

I want to get it done before the winter. I do have some issues that I want to deal with Tesla before doing the coating though. Some paint issues and the charging door alignment.

The tint was quoted for $250 for back 5 (regular $350). I asked to clarify about back window / roof.

I went to see Igor at Gleamworks earlier this week. He quoted me $350 for the Tint back 5 windows with rear/roof in a single piece of film. Since I'm going to get some after delivery service done by Tesla (small/minor fix and paint), I will contact him again after that work is done. He seems to be quite reasonable person.

• Funny
Reactions: dmd2005
I have the same problem. You have white? My detailer said the only solution would be to repaint.

I do have a service appointment time now. Looks like they'll be sending it to bodyshop and expect to take 3-5 days. I will report back when it's done. I was hoping to get Tesla as courtesy, but they put me on Enterprise rental. :-(

Btw, I have Red manufactured in August (VIN: 957xx)