Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vancouver (GVRD) - Ceramic Coat & Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i spoke w/ Roman about ceramic coating. Apparently how the warranty works is they expect you to bring the car back every year to do a full exterior detailing for $150 where they applied some cleaning solution to maintain the coating. If not there is a chance warranty might not be honoured.
They were doing 2 model 3 at that time, and one of the red ones has dust underneath the bumper.

Also in regards to my bumper repaint, i decided to leave it for now as I am not planning to wrap the bumper and it will get chipped eventually.

i spoke w/ Roman about ceramic coating. Apparently how the warranty works is they expect you to bring the car back every year to do a full exterior detailing for $150 where they applied some cleaning solution to maintain the coating. If not there is a chance warranty might not be honoured.
They were doing 2 model 3 at that time, and one of the red ones has dust underneath the bumper.

Also in regards to my bumper repaint, i decided to leave it for now as I am not planning to wrap the bumper and it will get chipped eventually.

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know about annual exterior detail for the warranty. Igor @ Gleamworks didn't mention anything like that. I did have some type of coating done on my 04 Mazda6. It was around $500 and don't remember what type of coating was applied. But the paint looked much better and was easy keep it clean over the years til I sold it last year. That's one of the reason why I want to do ceramic coating on Tesla since I'm planning to keep it for long time.

I'll talk to Roman and Igor after Tesla service, and decide then; still haven't made up my mind where to go. o_O

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't know about annual exterior detail for the warranty. Igor @ Gleamworks didn't mention anything like that. I did have some type of coating done on my 04 Mazda6. It was around $500 and don't remember what type of coating was applied. But the paint looked much better and was easy keep it clean over the years til I sold it last year. That's one of the reason why I want to do ceramic coating on Tesla since I'm planning to keep it for long time.

I'll talk to Roman and Igor after Tesla service, and decide then; still haven't made up my mind where to go. o_O

Roman is very firm on price, did you get a chance to talk to Igor about pricing?

Roman is very firm on price, did you get a chance to talk to Igor about pricing?

Igor at Gleamworks was somewhat flexible on the price (depends upon the condition of the car). I was going to make some deal on coating and tinting together. He offered some discount, if I can bring the car from Tesla service as clean "not waxed" car. He told me that it would save his "cleaning" time.

Went to PH Solar today got quoted $800 for the 5 back glasses, using LLumar CTS dyed films. Apparently, Pinnacle ceramic tint does not have size available for the rear glass in one piece. I felt this price is a bit high compare to what I have seen what other people are paying. Can anyone give me a hint where to go for a better deal?

Went to PH Solar today got quoted $800 for the 5 back glasses, using LLumar CTS dyed films. Apparently, Pinnacle ceramic tint does not have size available for the rear glass in one piece. I felt this price is a bit high compare to what I have seen what other people are paying. Can anyone give me a hint where to go for a better deal?

If you went to PH Solar, make sure Ronnie is the one whos doing the tint, make sure don't let the less experience touching your car as they scratched my rear windshield (they tries to cut the tint with razor knife but cut thru the film), also make sure get 1 piece for rear windshield instead of 2. I went for 2 piece for the rear windshield and they did a sloppy job results with uneven/crooked seam line.

I suggest go for street legal tint at Vancouver. I've got quote of $550-600 for one piece rear windshield and all the rear passenger windows.

If you went to PH Solar, make sure Ronnie is the one whos doing the tint, make sure don't let the less experience touching your car as they scratched my rear windshield (they tries to cut the tint with razor knife but cut thru the film), also make sure get 1 piece for rear windshield instead of 2. I went for 2 piece for the rear windshield and they did a sloppy job results with uneven/crooked seam line.

I suggest go for street legal tint at Vancouver. I've got quote of $550-600 for one piece rear windshield and all the rear passenger windows.

In case if anyone wonders how bad the job is for my two piece rear tint from PH, see attachment below. This is how it looks when I first got it. Then i go back there 2 more times to get it fix. The Rear windshield looks slightly better than that now, but the scratch that they did is still there.

My conclusion: Pick a reputable shop and check out Google Review (go thru all the reviews) and pay for 1 piece tint (not 2 piece) for rear windshield is the way to go.

20190402_130501.jpg

20190402_130449.jpg

It was scratched on the outside or inside?

It was scratched on the outside or inside?
Outside and Inside.

They use razor blade to cut the film into approximate shape when lay the film outside.
The scratch also appears on the inside when they tries to cut the film on the defroster line (I opted for 2 piece on the back windshield). The cut on the inside is not as obvious as the one that is outside though.

• Informative
Reactions: phtp
$297 including the rear windshield? one piece? how's the workmanship/quality?

sounds like a pretty good deal

It doesn't cover entire back glass; just the back, clear area only. It's fine as it blends well with the roof area since the 30% film. It's hard to tell the difference from outside.

The quality of the work is good. I don't see any issues on the side windows or small pieces.