Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vast discrepancies in volume between audio sources

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to equalize the volume between the various audio sources? FM and SXM are the loudest, while streaming and bluetooth audio need to be boosted to near maximum in order to comfortably hear them. In previous cars, it was possible to equalize various sources, so that when switching between them, particularly going from streaming to broadcast radio, you don't get blasted out, if forgetting to lower the volume before switching.

BT volume on your device should be max while connected to Tesla. This you only will need to set once, it will be saved as a part of the BT device profile for the car.

Then, if adjusting volume using car/steering wheel controls affects your phone/tablet, then:

"Disable absolute volume" in Android developer settings.
Absolute volume was never a great idea, and you will not miss it.

Reactions: Sandollars
BT volume on your device should be max while connected to Tesla. This you only will need to set once, it will be saved as a part of the BT device profile for the car.

Then, if adjusting volume using car/steering wheel controls affects your phone/tablet, then:

"Disable absolute volume" in Android developer settings.
Absolute volume was never a great idea, and you will not miss it.

BT volume on my iPhone is at maximum. But the built in streaming services are the ones that need to be boosted, and there’s no setting to accomplish that.

It depends also -in my experience - on the radio vs podcast in TuneIn.
I like to listen to podcasts and need to cranck up the volume for podcasts to 7 or more. TuneIn radios volume are at about 3 or 4.
Always unpleasant to switch back from a podcast