Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VCBatt / VCLeft questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After an accidental airbag deployment in my 21 MS (long story and I’d like to save myself the embarrassment) I lost power to all screens and even the MCU. I have seen others on here posting with similar symptoms so I purchased a new VCBatt and new VCFront from Tesla. I started with the VCBatt and no changes. I switched the VCFront module and heard the HV contactors close but still no screens… but now had steering wheel controls. I held the two buttons and did a hard reset. The Tesla logo showed up on the main screen and everything booted up. But now I have a bunch of service errors associated with all the VC modules. I started a software install and I got about halfway through and it quit and drained the LV battery. Since it was dead again, I decided to reinstall the original VCBatt and power it up again with a fresh LV battery. It booted up again and some of the errors are gone. I would like to swap the original VCFront back in but the car will not power down. I have LV battery unplugged and I can still hear the coolant pumps running. That was terribly long way of getting to my question (but I think the background matters) but is there anyway to force the car to power off without disconnecting the fireman’s loop? This is my first Tesla so I am a noob.

Attachments

• IMG_9996.jpeg
    IMG_9996.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Since I already learned the hard way with moving the RCM while the LV battery was plugged in... I am a little gun shy. I don't want to unplug anything on the VCFront with things running unless I know for certain it won't hurt anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0