Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle premium tax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im nearly at the stage of ordering the model3 standard range + at £38:500 so judt shy of the £40k tax for premium priced cars , however if i want full autonomy package is 4:3k i think will take the car over the 40k threshold so incurring the 5 year tax ? , or is its value set at base price £38:500 and any extras i put on doesn’t count or does it ? It works out at about £1,000 over the 5 years , or get full autonomy after purchase which is nearly £7k , if the car does go over into £40k then i might just get the long range unit anyway, thoughts please and when can we have a physical test drive in the uk ?

Im nearly at the stage of ordering the model3 standard range + at £38:500 so judt shy of the £40k tax for premium priced cars , however if i want full autonomy package is 4:3k i think will take the car over the 40k threshold so incurring the 5 year tax ? , or is its value set at base price £38:500 and any extras i put on doesn’t count or does it ? It works out at about £1,000 over the 5 years , or get full autonomy after purchase which is nearly £7k , if the car does go over into £40k then i might just get the long range unit anyway, thoughts please and when can we have a physical test drive in the uk ?
It's already over 40K. The price you quoted is after the government subsidy.

23C38DA2-F8FE-4936-A415-D867C155CE2A.jpeg

Talk to Tesla. Here they will on honour the lower FSD price as ordered when you add autonomy package within two days after delivery. You will have two different invoices; one for the car (without premium tax) and one for FSD.

Reactions: K-ev 1
That's right. The invoice will be for £42,400, so it will be over the threshold. You then get the £3500 grant to bring the price down. Check with Tesla and it has been discussed on some of the other threads.

Thank you 4evar but from what you’ve shown i still believe its the other way round , £38.500 and then deductions start as it clearly shows( in my view) it goes down to £29k , I will contact tesla directly
Thank you

Thank you 4evar but from what you’ve shown i still believe its the other way round , £38.500 and then deductions start as it clearly shows( in my view) it goes down to £29k , I will contact tesla directly
Thank you

Please let us know what Tesla is saying to this. These discussions are all over the internet, i am not fully convinced what the right conclusion is yet :)

See screenshot
Thank you
Yes please let us know for clarity. You do know that that £9500 deduction is the estimated "fuel saving" so you don't actually get that as a deduction. So there's no way you are paying Tesla £29k for the car. Sorry to burst your bubble.