Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seat cover swap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can a 2014 seat cover be replaced by an oem ventilated cover? Are they similar design? Not sure which year is similar but as long as it's not too small I can make it functional.
Also hoping someone has heard of the support under the seat that can be cut to allow for more spring comfort.

I haven't worked on a 2014 Tesla Model S yet.
I've been rebuilding Tesla seats for a year and a half, mostly Model 3 / Y.
I just modified my first Model X seat from a 22/23.
The seats and seat base of the pre 2016 were quite different.
But they look like they get compressed and very "flat".
Did you consider gluing a dense foam between the metal springs of the frame and the foam of your seat?

Haven't taken a seat apart before but I'm hoping its a simple cutting of a cross support that I heard was preventing proper slack in the springs.
That's interesting.
I have the seat base and the springs are nearly rock solid. They give very little spring.
If I wanted more spring, which to me means more suspension, I'd add some high density foam block underneath OEM foam and over those stock metal springs.

Bringing this one back from the dead as I'm thinking of ventilating my seats on my 2019 MSLR. Any progress on that?

I previously had the 2014 MS85 for several years and preferred the flat seats as I'm a big guy but think I'm getting used to the Gen 4 seats. Do wish I had the ventilation for the summers but precooling can cool the seat to a point (if the vents are placed right) where the whole issue of the back/behind being hot are nullified.