Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Poor Service at the Raleigh Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on my 2nd Tesla, both bought used on the Tesla website. I sold my 2015 MS in order to acquire a 2020 MX six-seater. I love my Tesla's but this recent experience at the service center will cause me pause from purchasing another. At time of delivery in April I confirmed that the MX had the trailer hitch pack and the Mobile Connector pack but it wasn't until early May that I discovered that the Mobile Connector pack was missing the 240v 15-50 adapter. I live an hour from the service center but while in Raleigh for a social event last week, I stopped by the SC and explained how I was missing the 240v adapter. The thoroughly disengaged person at the SC desk said that Mobile Connectors are not provided free. I explained that this was not true in 2020 and that the multi-point inspection that Tesla allegedly does with a trade-in, failed to uncover that a piece was missing - I'd have to purchase it myself. Not happy with this response so I wrote an email to the SC manager but unfortunately, this was his response: "Hi Thomas, when purchasing from our used vehicles they come with the mobile connector and adapters that the vehicle was traded in with. We do not provide additional adapters. If you’re missing the 14-50 adapter you can purchase it on the Tesla.com website" I realize that it's not a high dollar item but it's not a high dollar item and unfortunately reflects the increasingly poor customer relations that all of us Tesla-fans have oberved.