Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

a Shout Out to the Raleigh, North Carolina Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a Sunday morning, and we were driving from New Hampshire to Southern Georgia for a week long vacation in my 2020 Model 3. Got through most of Virginia when the car started displaying "power reduced" messages and was restricted to 57 mph. We pulled over an rebooted the car a few times but the error kept returning. Driving down I95 at 57 mph was not an option so we located the closest service center, rented a car, and dropped off the Tesla at the Raleigh, North Carolina Service Center and continued our trek down to Georgia.

As the first available service time that appeared in the Tesla app, was nearly two weeks later, I was having nightmares about having to drive the rental back to New Hampshire, and then then making a second trip back to North Carolina a week later to pick up the Tesla. It took a few texts to get them to understand that we lived in New Hampshire and were vacationing in Georgia, but once they understood the situation, they were kind enough to expedite the work on our Tesla, and get it running again so we could grab on the return leg of our vacation.

I hear a lot of negative feedback about Tesla Service but my personal experience has been very good. I definitely wanted to take the time to give a shout out to the service team in Raleigh as they saved me a lot of hassle by being kind, and getting the service done quickly. So Thank You Team Raleigh!

It was a Sunday morning, and we were driving from New Hampshire to Southern Georgia for a week long vacation in my 2020 Model 3. Got through most of Virginia when the car started displaying "power reduced" messages and was restricted to 57 mph. We pulled over an rebooted the car a few times but the error kept returning. Driving down I95 at 57 mph was not an option so we located the closest service center, rented a car, and dropped off the Tesla at the Raleigh, North Carolina Service Center and continued our trek down to Georgia.

As the first available service time that appeared in the Tesla app, was nearly two weeks later, I was having nightmares about having to drive the rental back to New Hampshire, and then then making a second trip back to North Carolina a week later to pick up the Tesla. It took a few texts to get them to understand that we lived in New Hampshire and were vacationing in Georgia, but once they understood the situation, they were kind enough to expedite the work on our Tesla, and get it running again so we could grab on the return leg of our vacation.

I hear a lot of negative feedback about Tesla Service but my personal experience has been very good. I definitely wanted to take the time to give a shout out to the service team in Raleigh as they saved me a lot of hassle by being kind, and getting the service done quickly. So Thank You Team Raleigh!
Late post but what was wrong with the car