Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration in accelerator pedal, is it normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks, long time reader first time poster. Sorry for the long post but I need your guidance:

I purchased a Long Range Model 3 RWD with aero wheels last October. Since I have the car, I noticed road vibration in my accelerator pedal, no matter the speed. The issue is considerably less pronounced on really smooth roads.

Keep in mind this is my first Tesla so I wasn’t sure if all Model 3 has this vibration in the pedal. I booked an appointment with my SC and I sat in the passenger seat while the Tesla employee drove my car. He shared that nothing seemed out of the ordinary (but he did mention that was his first time driving a Model 3). He rotated my wheels and told me he would open a ticket (not sure exactly if I’ll ever have an update on that).

Since I was riding on stock Michelin tires and I was a few days from changing to winter tires, the service rep told me to reach out if the issue persists even after new tires. Unfortunately, I can still feel vibrations in my pedal, neither better nor worse.

Again I’m not sure if this is normal for Tesla. So my question is: do you feel any road vibrations in your accelerator pedal when you’re driving on not so great asphalt? If it’s not standard behaviour, what do you recommend I do? When I’m driving on new asphalt, the car drives like a dream. But when I’m driving anywhere else, the vibration is a serious buzz kill for me.

Additional info:

• Winter tires are Michelin X-Ice installed on the stock Aero Wheels
  • The pedal is my main issue but I also feel vibration on the steering wheel and the central armrest.

Thanks in advance!

Hi folks, long time reader first time poster. Sorry for the long post but I need your guidance:

I purchased a Long Range Model 3 RWD with aero wheels last October. Since I have the car, I noticed road vibration in my accelerator pedal, no matter the speed. The issue is considerably less pronounced on really smooth roads.

Keep in mind this is my first Tesla so I wasn’t sure if all Model 3 has this vibration in the pedal. I booked an appointment with my SC and I sat in the passenger seat while the Tesla employee drove my car. He shared that nothing seemed out of the ordinary (but he did mention that was his first time driving a Model 3). He rotated my wheels and told me he would open a ticket (not sure exactly if I’ll ever have an update on that).

Since I was riding on stock Michelin tires and I was a few days from changing to winter tires, the service rep told me to reach out if the issue persists even after new tires. Unfortunately, I can still feel vibrations in my pedal, neither better nor worse.

Again I’m not sure if this is normal for Tesla. So my question is: do you feel any road vibrations in your accelerator pedal when you’re driving on not so great asphalt? If it’s not standard behaviour, what do you recommend I do? When I’m driving on new asphalt, the car drives like a dream. But when I’m driving anywhere else, the vibration is a serious buzz kill for me.

Additional info:

• Winter tires are Michelin X-Ice installed on the stock Aero Wheels
  • The pedal is my main issue but I also feel vibration on the steering wheel and the central armrest.

Thanks in advance!
I don't have any vibrations in my P3D+.

Unfortunately this sounds like a Tesla service visit/call for you.

I can feel (I don’t hear anything) a light vibration or buzz in the pedal, but it seems normal. Even in an ICE you get feedback via the gas pedal. It’s not instrusive, and seems like resistance as you push to engage the motors.

I’m hypersensitive to rattles, noise and anything that isn’t normal when driving. I have no issue with the slight buzz.

I don’t have any steering or armrest buzzing.

My M3 rides like it is on rails. No vibration in the front end or go pedal. See the SC.

The accelerator pedal is a ‘drive by wire’ device. It’s effectively an isolated component, except by wiring, from any other systems. If the pedal is ‘vibrating’ than the vibration would be emanating from the pedal assembly itself.

Are you sure that it isn’t the lane departure warning? It causes vibration if you are leaving your lane for any reason including lane change without using the turn signal.

You can turn it off under autopilot > lane departure warning and see if that fixes it.

Thanks everyone for your input.

It’s only the acceleration pedal that vibrates? Absolutely no vibrations from anything else? If so that’s really weird...

It really is the acceleration pedal that vibrates the most.

The accelerator pedal is a ‘drive by wire’ device. It’s effectively an isolated component, except by wiring, from any other systems. If the pedal is ‘vibrating’ than the vibration would be emanating from the pedal assembly itself.

I didn’t know that. It makes sense. Like I said, when I’m driving on smooth asphalt, no issue no matter the speed.

Never noticed. You must have sensitive feet.

Honestly, I might but I do feel the vibration when I’m driving at constant speed on a not so smooth asphalt.

Are you sure that it isn’t the lane departure warning? It causes vibration if you are leaving your lane for any reason including lane change without using the turn signal.

You can turn it off under autopilot > lane departure warning and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the tip, already turned off lane departure

Thanks everyone for your input.

It really is the acceleration pedal that vibrates the most.

I didn’t know that. It makes sense. Like I said, when I’m driving on smooth asphalt, no issue no matter the speed.

Honestly, I might but I do feel the vibration when I’m driving at constant speed on a not so smooth asphalt.

Thanks for the tip, already turned off lane departure
Hey harpy, did you even find a solution for this?