Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video: Driver left scene of an accident / Update: driver caught

What should be done to the person if they are caught?

• Ban from purchasing a Tesla

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Jail (7+ days)

Votes: 22 8.2%
  • Fine ($1k+)

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Throw the book at him/her (all of the above)

Votes: 168 62.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my first joke got moved to snippiness so I must rewrite it because it was too easy to misinterpret..... I figured the scenario was so absurd that surely the joking element would come through.... so let me try again.... I'm suggesting that the OP was tricked by a gorgeous woman driving around with a 6 month old baby.... only to pass a white Tesla.... she stops the car and stares into her rear view mirror. Surely the man who owns the Tesla Model 3 is well off..... he must be compassionate and caring too because the vehicle is electric... he cares about the earth... (the car is masculine in my sexist joke).... this compassion will end up being the OP's undoing as his kindness will soon leave him vulnerable. As she stares back, the nest camera at the house catches her eye.... the woman's intentions turn dark..... her crying baby and late car payment has pushed her to the brink.... she reverses the car.... slams the vehicle into the Tesla....and drives off knowing she'll be caught... the trap is set.

The OP finds his car and is enraged.... tracks the person down with the police and knocks on the door with a powerful law officer at his side .... yet when the door opens.... instead of a careless hoodlum, he is confronted by a desperate, beautiful woman.... tears in her eyes.... clutching her child close.... don't send me to jail sir! Little Mauricio needs diapers and food! his heart melts. Fast forward 16 years.... the OP is now driving the young man to the mall in his still unrepaired Model 3.... Instead of using the insurance money to repair the car, he put the money in a 529 tax sheltered account so the young boy could go to college..... The OP is broke..... the con is complete.

There's only one correct answer:

THUNDERDOME.

YAASS

images.jpg

I'm hopeful it's a teachable moment. Once it's all settled, I'll have a conversation with her again... about how her BF didn't do her any favors with 1) having an argument over the phone and 2) his alleged post accident advice.

Nice reading your posts, you have a great view on life. Glad everything worked out.

Would caution you tho, don't mention the bf to her. Odds are she's just going to mention what you said when she gets into another argument with him and bring up your name and then you have no Idea what the bf is going to do.

Went to go out to grab some food last night and did a double take... fairly serious damage to my Model 3, front - driver side.

Figured someone wasn't paying attention and accidentally hit & ran.

Check the Nest cam footage and found that the truth is far worse :-(

Now I understand it could be one of two things... 1) envy or 2) Tesla hater.

I'm leaning towards #2 as I don't understand how #1 would lead someone to do what was done - though I know it's definitely possible.

Sentry was not on... I usually park in the driveway... but got home a little late and was going to leave again.

Play it full screen to get the full effect of what was done...

Honestly your at fault. If he was legitimately trying to park there you technically put them in harms way by parking in front of the driveway which caused them to go past the stop sign and then go back in reverse. But your both wrong imo.

Non-Tesla, but I have a friend in Seatle. She's 70, mostly broke, and handicapped. She had her 15yo Volvo on the street and someone badly side-swiped it. In the AM, no witnesses. The cops weren't hopeful.
But she went to the area body shops, with a paint sample from the other car. One said it was a Q45 - not an inexpensive car. And they happened to have one in the shop, of the same color. She got the address and went to the house. The lady said yes, it was her car, but she wasn't driving it. Her ex-husband was, and he was a drinker! Maybe she told the cops it was stolen?
She had all the pieces lined up, and none of it helped. Too late for a DUI test. The guy somehow got out of it. She had $7000 in damage. It knocked the front suspension off! I'm not sure if her car ever got fixed.
Good luck! This guy looked intentional. But with drunks, or angry people - all bets are off. I do agree - why would he wreck his own car???

My #3 would be that someone with a white Tesla - or a white car - was messing with his girl.
He didn't seem to swerve towards the car. He did turn to the left a bit, in the intersection. I think it will remain a mystery. An expensive one!

Sound like a bunch of hippies here, everybody has rights/ it was a accident/ you caused with your bad parking/ it was Envy.... it all good till it’s their own car, then it’s hell to pay!

Sorry you had to go through that man.