Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video of truck bed cover opening and closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I am impressed by the way the truck bed cover over “The Vault” (as Tesla seems to refer to it) opens and closes at the touch of a button which is located at the left rear corner on the top surface. It’s very smooth. I love the way it just disappears into the top of the roof (not sure exactly how that works; does it roll up?).

[email protected] on Twitter

MP4 of it: https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1197803784199536641/pu/vid/1280x720/TRGgA8aDJ9xfm0kL.mp4?tag=10

Via:
Q99L12V.jpg

How did this not get more chatter?
If that cover rolls down far enough where you can drop the back seats flat this "thng" (not a trck in my mind at all) will be like a roadtrip starship supreme. Couple of people chillin in the front seats...maybe three. and at least two "relaxing" on a bed as your traveling down life's highway....It'll put the '72 town and country station wagons back in to their ICE age.

How did this not get more chatter?
If that cover rolls down far enough where you can drop the back seats flat this "thng" (not a trck in my mind at all) will be like a roadtrip starship supreme. Couple of people chillin in the front seats...maybe three. and at least two "relaxing" on a bed as your traveling down life's highway....It'll put the '72 town and country station wagons back in to their ICE age.
Or in our case husband and wife up front and our 3 German Shepard fur babies get the run of the back seats folded down and the covered bed area. Please please Elon make this happen!