Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN/Delivery Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had the issue of seeing a delivery date estimate appear on their account and magically disappear and go back to showing “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.”? I had an estimate delivery date of December 6th- December 31st and I realized it went away. I also have not been assigned a VIN at least not on my profile. I was told by my SA to wait until a few days prior to my delivery day to apply for financing and upload my insurance card. I feel like I have been misinformed and getting a hold of him to apply a grant has been hard. I’m literally waiting on my SA to update my profile so I can move forward with financing and I’m worried I won’t have a delivery this year :(

Financing is good for 60 days, no need to wait at this point. Depending on your state, you can possibly just upload your current insurance card.

It looks like I have to wait for the grants, $5000 to be added to my acct so I only finance about $33k instead of the $40k that’s the only reason my SA told me to wait. I figured he would know better but looking at things I think he misinformed me about waiting until a few days prior to delivery day to upload my insurance card and apply for financing

It looks like I have to wait for the grants, $5000 to be added to my acct so I only finance about $33k instead of the $40k that’s the only reason my SA told me to wait. I figured he would know better but looking at things I think he misinformed me about waiting until a few days prior to delivery day to upload my insurance card and apply for financing
Ah, no incentives in WA, so I applied for financing way back in the beginning of November.

Ah, no incentives in WA, so I applied for financing way back in the beginning of November.

Yes I’m lucky that CA offers many incentives which make purchasing my first vehicle a little more affordable:) . I will just have to bug my SA everyday until he decides he’s ignored me long enough! hopefully he actually responds soon though. How long after completing your profile did you receive a VIN/delivery date ?

Yes I’m lucky that CA offers many incentives which make purchasing my first vehicle a little more affordable:) . I will just have to bug my SA everyday until he decides he’s ignored me long enough! hopefully he actually responds soon though. How long after completing your profile did you receive a VIN/delivery date ?
I ordered on Halloween and got my Vin this past weekend, delivery this Friday. I'd had my financing and insurance in since 11/1.

Do the SAs actually know anything or are they just one step ahead of us in the information chain? Ordered 2021 S LR on 11/24 with 4-6 week delivery. I have received ZERO information at this point.

they should text you with any updates, but it looks like at times you may have to push and bother them a little more to receive any updates. My SA said they work by the hr not commission so it would make sense why their customer service dips as soon as you get your order in

you should wait for the grant approval first before applying for the loan

i've heard horror stories on the grant process - but once applied, it was all worth it

be patient with the process - those expected delivery dates are meaningless anyways....

is there a way to check your grant approval online?

you should wait for the grant approval first before applying for the loan

i've heard horror stories on the grant process - but once applied, it was all worth it

be patient with the process - those expected delivery dates are meaningless anyways....

is there a way to check your grant approval online?

Yes I’ve actually already been approved for the grant and I’ve sent my SA all the information needed after I asked what specifically he would need and since then I haven’t heard a peep from him. I’ve tried following up with him and even tried the general sales/delivery team in Fremont since that’s where I ordered and nothing. I feel like getting a hold of my SA is more difficult then finding toilet paper these days :rolleyes:

Yes I’ve actually already been approved for the grant and I’ve sent my SA all the information needed after I asked what specifically he would need and since then I haven’t heard a peep from him. I’ve tried following up with him and even tried the general sales/delivery team in Fremont since that’s where I ordered and nothing. I feel like getting a hold of my SA is more difficult then finding toilet paper these days :rolleyes:

hahaha....then go ahead and start the loan process - which literally takes a couple minutes

it seems like SA's definitely want a complete profile with nothing outstanding - and i dont blame them

you will probably get 2.49% rate, but you should email and ask them to find a different bank at lower rate (2.19-2.29) ....for them to lower mine, it took one simple email (5 min response time)

I am in a similar situation. I ordered Model 3 SR+ (2021 refresh) in the last week of October, but haven't got it delivered yet (to Sunnyvale) and also don't have a VIN number. The delivery date was Dec 9-31st. I have a pre-approved loan from Stanford Federal CU which is valid until Dec 31st. Hopefully, I will get it delivered before it, otherwise will need to get a validity extension for the pre-approved loan which could be a pain :(

Has anyone with a similar purchase date (10/27/2020) got their Model 3 delivered in the Bay Area?

I am in a similar situation. I ordered Model 3 SR+ (2021 refresh) in the last week of October, but haven't got it delivered yet (to Sunnyvale) and also don't have a VIN number. The delivery date was Dec 9-31st. I have a pre-approved loan from Stanford Federal CU which is valid until Dec 31st. Hopefully, I will get it delivered before it, otherwise will need to get a validity extension for the pre-approved loan which could be a pain :(

Has anyone with a similar purchase date (10/27/2020) got their Model 3 delivered in the Bay Area?

i ordered 10/1 & still have not received a VIN but my account says anytime between Dec25-Dec 31 hopefully that’s true

Has anyone had the issue of seeing a delivery date estimate appear on their account and magically disappear and go back to showing “We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.”? I had an estimate delivery date of December 6th- December 31st and I realized it went away. I also have not been assigned a VIN at least not on my profile. I was told by my SA to wait until a few days prior to my delivery day to apply for financing and upload my insurance card. I feel like I have been misinformed and getting a hold of him to apply a grant has been hard. I’m literally waiting on my SA to update my profile so I can move forward with financing and I’m worried I won’t have a delivery this year :(
I had the same issue. My deliver date was from today through the end of March 2021 and as of today the estimated deliver date has disappeared. The sales folks are very difficult to get a hold of and I am not sure what else I can do but wait.

I had the same issue. My deliver date was from today through the end of March 2021 and as of today the estimated deliver date has disappeared. The sales folks are very difficult to get a hold of and I am not sure what else I can do but wait.
Same. My estimate went from 2-4 weeks, to 1-3 weeks, to Mar 12-Mar 31 and now nothing at all.... When did you place your order?

• Informative
Reactions: AthleticMonkey
Status
Not open for further replies.