Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visiting England, should I rent a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I are visiting England in the near future. We are looking at rental cars and see that the Model 3s are available through Hertz. We plan on spending 3 days in London and then heading to Cornwall for 3-4 days. We plan on doing a significant amount of driving from Port Isaac down around the horn to the Exeter area before heading back to London. Is it feasible to rent Tesla for a trip like this or should I plan on going with an ICE?

Thank you for the insight and experience ahead of time.

Make sure you look at the fine print of the contract.
IIRC unlike most cars, the Model 3s only get a limited number of free miles, then you have to pay extra per mile.

I was there in Jan, and wanted to rent a model 3, but due to the extra costs, and the miles I had planned, it wasn't worth it.
Good point. I was originally looking at it due to familiarity and the fact it is the largest car available. I will check the miles. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I rented a model 3 for trip to Cotswold, Bath, Oxford and Stonehenge. I did not use Hertz, used UFODRIVE-contactless rental. Was able to set up from US through mobile app. Free supercharging, also provided cards for other charge networks. You estimate mileage for rental fee up front. Good experience.

Upvote 0