Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice Control Mic stopped working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems to be intermittent. It works for a while and then it stops. Last time I rebooted the software and it fixed it.
It just went out yesterday again so I will try the reboot again. This is the first time it has happened on my latest software. It happened on 10.69.2.2 and 10.69.2.3 now.
It also made my voice control stop working. Any time I try to play a song or issue a command it says Command not Understood.
Is anyone else currently having this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

I'm having similar issue 2013 model s. Worked well and then a few months ago got update a few get command not understood every time I press button. Basically microphone does not work. I feel I have tried everything from rebooting to disconnecting 12v battery. Once in a while reboot fixes for a trip but it stops working again. I got frustrated and setup service. Tesla came out and replaced microphone and could not get it working. Tech said it was the steering wheel switch so I'm pending another service visit. I explained to him I thought it was a software issue since it comes and goes but mainly does not work. The button acknowledges every time I press it so I don't think the tech is going to fix it with replacement steering wheel button. Waiting to see in two weeks when he returns what happens next...

I signed up for this group so that I could thank whomever it was that said, reboot, car, I can’t find the post now, but it worked for me, I held down both scroll wheels on steering wheel until the car rebooted and now the voice commands work again.