TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Volvo introduces voice commands via Microsoft Band - Tesla?

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by AnOutsider, Jan 5, 2016.

1. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Remote voice control for Volvo cars is coming to the Microsoft Band 2 this Spring

I've been tinkering with a way to unlock and start my Model S via my Band 2, but they just took it a heck of a lot farther. I hope Tesla takes time to invest in things like this. I remember someone mentioning that the apps were sort of a side thing for them. I know they have bigger fish to fry, but it would be cool if they kept up with little innovations like this.

2. David99

David99 Active Member

Bigger fish to fry, maybe that's true. They have a lot of big issues to tackle. At the same time, the experience of the user and thus how they feel about their product is very important. I always bring up the very first iPhone. There were many other phones that had more features but Apple focused very much on a very good user interface and apps making the experience amazing. It felt much better than anything else despite having less features in the beginning. Using a 17 inch touch screen in the Model S was a similar idea, but frankly the entire UI and functionality seem a little dated and the lack of apps shows.