Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo introduces voice commands via Microsoft Band - Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
The updated app will allow users to dictate commands to their Volvo vehicle via their Microsoft Band 2. As seen from the video above, the user simply activates the Cortana feature and provides a command, which can range from heating the car, starting it, blinking the lights, honking the horn, and others.

Remote voice control for Volvo cars is coming to the Microsoft Band 2 this Spring

I've been tinkering with a way to unlock and start my Model S via my Band 2, but they just took it a heck of a lot farther. I hope Tesla takes time to invest in things like this. I remember someone mentioning that the apps were sort of a side thing for them. I know they have bigger fish to fry, but it would be cool if they kept up with little innovations like this.

Bigger fish to fry, maybe that's true. They have a lot of big issues to tackle. At the same time, the experience of the user and thus how they feel about their product is very important. I always bring up the very first iPhone. There were many other phones that had more features but Apple focused very much on a very good user interface and apps making the experience amazing. It felt much better than anything else despite having less features in the beginning. Using a 17 inch touch screen in the Model S was a similar idea, but frankly the entire UI and functionality seem a little dated and the lack of apps shows.