Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vredestein Quatrac Pro XL Final Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TLDR: Our Vredestein Quatrac Pro XL tires lasted 50K miles and were excellent but noisy.

The original tires that came on Nick (see sig) lasted for 29K miles. I replaced them with Vredestein Quatrac Pro XL tires in July 2021. They have lasted until 79K miles, at which point they are close to the tread limit, with one tire at the tread limit. The tread-ware warranty was for 50K miles.

My only complaint, which has bugged me since day one, is they make a ghost-like moaning on the local highway surfaces driving at 65 MPH. I didn't notice any significant difference in performance or efficiency versus the original Michelins.

On Friday I'll be getting Hankook ION EVO AS tires, and I'm hoping they'll be quieter.

Report back on how you like them.
I like them. The moaning sound is gone. They are definitely quieter, although it isn't a day and night difference.

Coincidentally, yesterday I was noting how smooth the ride was, but I can't say that it's any better with these tires.

Below is the efficiency info, but note that all of those 463 miles were driven with a seventeen-pound surfboard on the roof rack on highways. Also, new tires usually have lower efficiency.

Verdict: I recommend the Hankook ION EVO AS tires.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 7.39.49 AM.jpg

Reactions: Occhis