Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for m3 red exterior white interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 05/10 (2 weeks ago today) LR AWD Red/White - 18" Aero - FSD - Said it rolled off the line this week and I picked up at the Tesla Showroom at the Factory today at lunch time ... They are coming guys and gals! Guess I got lucky because i'm local in Bay Area!

O1NWBNu.jpg

Ordered 05/10 (2 weeks ago today) LR AWD Red/White - 18" Aero - FSD - Said it rolled off the line this week and I picked up at the Tesla Showroom at the Factory today at lunch time ... They are coming guys and gals! Guess I got lucky because i'm local in Bay Area!

O1NWBNu.jpg
Beauty! Looking forward to getting my car now just a few weeks left. Seems like it will def be worth the wait.

Reactions: van_smile
Information I can bank on, which is more than I’m getting from delivery staff. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Hope everyone is updating the tracking spreadsheet.

Information I can bank on, which is more than I’m getting from delivery staff. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Hope everyone is updating the tracking spreadsheet.

I wish I could tell you how many of them are rolling off the lines and heading out to everyone else. I do plan on doing the Factory Tour when I get a chance, maybe later this summer.

I updated my info on the spreadsheet...seems my VIN number range 195xxx is a bit of an anomaly vs. what has been updated recently for new models (especially since I have an 05/19 build date on door tag sticker)

Reactions: van_smile
I wish I could tell you how many of them are rolling off the lines and heading out to everyone else. I do plan on doing the Factory Tour when I get a chance, maybe later this summer.

I updated my info on the spreadsheet...seems my VIN number range 195xxx is a bit of an anomaly vs. what has been updated recently for new models (especially since I have an 05/19 build date on door tag sticker)
Since our cars may have been built about the same time did you get a J1772 adopter with yours? Seems to be some ambiguity about this. I'm live in a building and MUST have one to charge.

I ordered a Model 3 Performance (Red/White) on April 19th. This is my first Tesla. The delivery estimate at the time of ordering was within two weeks but forums such as this one indicated that the wait could be much longer. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a text message on April 26th that my car would be ready for delivery the following Friday (May 3), which would be exactly two weeks from the order date. This appeared to be a good sign.

Unfortunately I was scheduled to be out-of-town for a week. When I asked to reschedule the delivery for when I returned, I was told they could only hold the car for 7 days and they would try to get me another by the time I could receive delivery (which was right at 7 days from the scheduled delivery date). Fast forward and they delivered my car to someone else. My rescheduled delivery date (May 10) came and went without a car. Inquires as to status were met with offers to give me some other type of exterior/interior but no real insight into when I could expect the car to be delivered.

It was only just today (May 25th) that I received another text message that my car is on the way for delivery. Unlike the first time where a delivery date and time was pre-determined by Tesla, this time I was able to pick a day and time on their website. The car is (tentatively, in my mind, at least until I receive it) scheduled for delivery on June 4th.

Some observations/frustrations:
1. The local delivery team lacks any kind of customer service. Inquiries as to status and estimates are met only with responses like "In review of your account, I do not see a VIN yet assigned." I can also see this from logging in myself so there's not much value add to reaching out to them.
2. When I ordered the car online, I was told home delivery was not an option (I don't really care as I live 20 miles from the service center and don't need or even prefer home delivery). However, both delivery notifications show the car being delivered at my house, not at the service center.
3. I'm not sure how car productions are scheduled, but it doesn't appear that ordering your car places you roughly next in line for production (behind the others who have already ordered their cars). Rather, car production seems to be scheduled by some process at the factory that is presumably more efficient for them but can result in wide variations for delivery times from customer to customer, depending on the configuration ordered and location of the customer. I can't get any confirmation of this, however.

No delivery date yet, DA suggested the 10th of June but not locked in. No word on yours yet?
You will get it soon i am certain. So far i pickup tomorrow but let us see if it stays. Will upload pics if everything goes smoothly.

So apparently my car has a built date for May 18th yet i have 2.5hw...after waiting 3 years and then waiting from order date of March 8th i feel upset now. Do not understand why.

Finally picked up my car today from oakville. Service was great i nicely asked for the Nema plug he said let me see what i can do and gave it free of charge. No mats though or cell phone cables. Was told its HW2.5 did not argue about it just said i expected otherwise and he said not to worry we will provide mobile service for HW3 replacements by the end of the year. Software is showing as 2019.16.2.

Delivery itself was great. He spent an hour explaining things i found a markish rub they buffed it out on the spot, there was a minor sratche inside the frunk they painted it but said i could come again to get it retouched properly. There was a small scratch inside the door where it hinges with the car they retouched that as well. We got two toy cars as well for my son.

Overall the car is great loved driving it, the brakes make a hissing sound we shall see if it goes away maybe because its a new car and needs to break in.

Let me know if you have any questions will post a picture of it soon. (Its raining in Toronto so want to take a nice one)

Last edited:
Delivery date was set with DA for the 10th, but over the weekend my VIN has disappeared. Hope that’s not a bad sign.

Incidentally, I am in SFO for the weekend and my travels in a Turo rented Model 3 took me last Fremont. I took this pick of what could be red with white (OK you can’t see the interior) being loaded on a truck. Hope it’s mine!

Attachments

• EF48F06B-77AC-46AB-9A48-75A9A09B5BEE.jpeg
    EF48F06B-77AC-46AB-9A48-75A9A09B5BEE.jpeg
    529.9 KB · Views: 130
I'll add my order to the thread:

P3D, Red exterior, White interior, Performance, FSD.
Config/order date: 22 Apr
No VIN or delivery date yet, but I'll update

Received email from delivery advisor today. "Delivery" date of 17 June, but that's to a service center in Georgia. Realisitcally, it could 7-10 business days after that before it's delivered to my house in NW Florida.

Configuration to VIN: 42 days
Configuration to "delivery": 56 days
Configuration to my house: estimated 65 days

I updated the tracking spreadsheet, but I'll update here when I get something new.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Received email from delivery advisor today. "Delivery" date of 17 June, but that's to a service center in Georgia. Realisitcally, it could 7-10 business days after that before it's delivered to my house in NW Florida.

Configuration to VIN: 42 days
Configuration to "delivery": 56 days
Configuration to my house: estimated 65 days

I updated the tracking spreadsheet, but I'll update here when I get something new.

Just got word on my red/white FSD P3 as well. At almost 4 weeks and just got a website prompt to pay (random incessant check), and then a delivery text and online VIN in the span of approx. 1 hr.
Delivery scheduled 6/6 at home but won’t be there, waiting to hear back on reschedule. Fingers crossed, the lack of patience and stress won’t be gone until I inspect and sign off on delivery!

Reactions: torontohm3wait