Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for Q2 incentives to order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please explain how this works. AFAIK, the only deals are with inventoried cars and I don't see much that's out there (I'm in Los Angeles).
So the process for me was as follows: an inside sales advisor based out of Fremont called me one Saturday to ask if I’d be interested in scheduling a test drive. Sure, nothing else to do so she set it up. Went to test drive the Model 3 and was interested in buying. The folks at the showroom never returned my emails after the test drive so I reached back out to the inside sales advisor. I explained to her that I was interested in purchasing but had heard from several sources that they (inside sales people) have access to inventory that has price adjustments for various reasons. She confirmed. I asked if she’d be willing to work with me on finding a LR Dual Motor with a “significant” price adjustment. I wasn’t interested a wasting her or my time for a few hundred dollars. She agreeed. She called me back the next day with a black one, 2019 with 3 miles on the clock that was in stock in Phoenix (I live in Colorado) that had a $3400 price adjustment. She couldn’t find any notes and said it had a high adjustment because it was a cancelled order that no one ever took delivery of. I told her I’d think about it and called her back the next day. It was gone. I asked if she could find any others and she called me back a day later with the midnight silver metallic LR Dual Motor with the $3700 adjustment in stock at the delivery center in Littleton, CO. I asked her what was wrong with it and she couldn’t find any notes describing damage. I reserved on the spot. Went to pick it up that Saturday. It had a light scratch on the rear quarter panel. Made an appointment the next week to drop it off. Did, the have me a model S to drive over the weekend and I picked it back up flawless the following Wednesday. That was my process. Let me know if you’d like the contact info for the sales person I used.

So the process for me was as follows: an inside sales advisor based out of Fremont called me one Saturday to ask if I’d be interested in scheduling a test drive. Sure, nothing else to do so she set it up. Went to test drive the Model 3 and was interested in buying. The folks at the showroom never returned my emails after the test drive so I reached back out to the inside sales advisor. I explained to her that I was interested in purchasing but had heard from several sources that they (inside sales people) have access to inventory that has price adjustments for various reasons. She confirmed. I asked if she’d be willing to work with me on finding a LR Dual Motor with a “significant” price adjustment. I wasn’t interested a wasting her or my time for a few hundred dollars. She agreeed. She called me back the next day with a black one, 2019 with 3 miles on the clock that was in stock in Phoenix (I live in Colorado) that had a $3400 price adjustment. She couldn’t find any notes and said it had a high adjustment because it was a cancelled order that no one ever took delivery of. I told her I’d think about it and called her back the next day. It was gone. I asked if she could find any others and she called me back a day later with the midnight silver metallic LR Dual Motor with the $3700 adjustment in stock at the delivery center in Littleton, CO. I asked her what was wrong with it and she couldn’t find any notes describing damage. I reserved on the spot. Went to pick it up that Saturday. It had a light scratch on the rear quarter panel. Made an appointment the next week to drop it off. Did, the have me a model S to drive over the weekend and I picked it back up flawless the following Wednesday. That was my process. Let me know if you’d like the contact info for the sales person I used.
Thank you for the great info! I'm looking for the same discount and is in Denver as well. Can you send me your sales advisor info?

We may have to postpone our purchase until at least mid July.

IIRC, once the federal credit halved after end December, prices effectively fell to match it, whether through bundling of features and or lower pricing. So net, the same price.

Any reason for that trend not to continue post June?

I’d love this sales person’s contact info!

can i get his contact info plz?