Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone asked me how recent Tesla said they would prioritize FSD add on for Model X. Sales rep sent this to me today confirming FSD will be prioritized over in build orders. Sad, but not enough for me to shell out another $12k

View attachment 803145
Don't believe it. Pre refresh order here with FSD and still July. Save your $$

There is dead silence after FB Guy got his 7 seater, may be it was just a limited run, I ordered 02/2021, still July 2022, does not look like any significant ramp up in 7 seat production, may be we need to prepare for Q3 or even later
I agree, has been very quiet since that one FB 7-seater…and if he hadn’t posted pics, I would have doubted his delivery as well. Can’t blame us for being skeptical. I’m also hoping ramp-up before end of May here. Apparently its raining 5-seaters in the other main thread, raining relative to the X deliveries of course.

My wife has a 3 on order and it also keeps pushing back (was in a range starting May 6th, now May 12th) yet no VIN still as of yet and I wouldn’t be surprised if the date moves up again the way it’s going. Maybe just ramp up for this quarter is slow on all models, just hoping its not just us.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
I agree, has been very quiet since that one FB 7-seater…and if he hadn’t posted pics, I would have doubted his delivery as well. Can’t blame us for being skeptical. I’m also hoping ramp-up before end of May here. Apparently its raining 5-seaters in the other main thread, raining relative to the X deliveries of course.

My wife has a 3 on order and it also keeps pushing back (was in a range starting May 6th, now May 12th) yet no VIN still as of yet and I wouldn’t be surprised if the date moves up again the way it’s going. Maybe just ramp up for this quarter is slow on all models, just hoping its not just us.
Just don't understand it, Only thing different in 7 seater is 2nd row seat, which is slightly different that 5 seater, not hard to make, same material and likely same supplier, 3rd row seat sis same as 6 seater, why Tesla has decided to ignore 7 seat production is some thing that baffles me

…agree
Just don't understand it, Only thing different in 7 seater is 2nd row seat, which is slightly different that 5 seater, not hard to make, same material and likely same supplier, 3rd row seat sis same as 6 seater, why Tesla has decided to ignore 7 seat production is some thing that baffles me
agreed, I don’t get it either! The other strange thing is that if you order a 7-seater today, it estimates the delivery as like 3 months sooner than a 5 seater. If someone orders an X today, and doesn’t read forums obsessively, they would think that the 7 seater orders are cranking out faster than a 5 seater, which we know is absolutely not the case so far. What is tesla thinking with that and which “genius” there is estimating these deliveries for current orders , Who knows.

Last edited:
…agree

agreed, I don’t get it either! The other strange thing is that if you order a 7-seater today, it estimates the delivery as like 3 months sooner than a 5 seater. If someone orders an X today, and doesn’t read forums obsessively, they would think that the 7 seater orders are cranking out faster than a 5 seater, which we know is absolutely not the case so far. What is tesla thinking with that and which “geniius” there is estimating these deliveries for current orders , Who knows.
EDD as far as Tesla is concerned means Zilch, BTW my original EDD when I placed order was 04/2021, yes you read it right, over 1 year ago, every one knows tesla will deliver whenever they do, no rhyme or reason, but if you want EV then you wait, none comes close in terms of range and usefulness considering Tesla Super charging network and lack of fast and reliable 3rd party networks if you are on the road

Do you guys call SA to see what they will say? Some people were told soft matched and expecting vins soon.
I did email my SA 2-3 weeks ago, and all he could say was he expects an update to it “soon”…maybe thinking of starting to bother him every 2 weeks now. And he hasn’t answered my question about if he has seen any 7-seaters roll by here in the LA area….basically just generic BS.

I did email my SA 2-3 weeks ago, and all he could say was he expects an update to it “soon”…maybe thinking of starting to bother him every 2 weeks now. And he hasn’t answered my question about if he has seen any 7-seaters roll by here in the LA area….basically just generic BS.
I texted my SA about 3 weeks ago. He usually responds right away but he was on vacation and then got covid. He texted me back this past Saturday and since he was out for so long I was the one that informed him of the latest 7 seater delivery. He said he would get back to me if he hears any more news. Maybe I should text him again today...

Reactions: kp2021 and Kitt9000
I texted my SA about 3 weeks ago. He usually responds right away but he was on vacation and then got covid. He texted me back this past Saturday and since he was out for so long I was the one that informed him of the latest 7 seater delivery. He said he would get back to me if he hears any more news. Maybe I should text him again today...
Ok so I emailed my SA again, and oddly a different SA replied, based out of San Diego looks like. This is what we have as an update:

“We currently do not have an update on the 7 seat Model X's. Due to gloabl supply chain issues, we have seem some significant delays, but are hoping to have updates sooner rather than later. We will keep you posted and do appreciate your patience.”

Seems like they may not have even heard of a 7 seat X delivery down in San Diego area. Not very helpful but of course that “sooner than later…” hopeful comment leads me to believe maybe this year?! Lol

Reactions: lexus26
Ok so I emailed my SA again, and oddly a different SA replied, based out of San Diego looks like. This is what we have as an update:

“We currently do not have an update on the 7 seat Model X's. Due to gloabl supply chain issues, we have seem some significant delays, but are hoping to have updates sooner rather than later. We will keep you posted and do appreciate your patience.”

Seems like they may not have even heard of a 7 seat X delivery down in San Diego area. Not very helpful but of course that “sooner than later…” hopeful comment leads me to believe maybe this year?! Lol
What if we call fremont? Whats the fremont facotry number?

Called the Fremont number posted elsewhere on this forum: 510-897-4860….someone called me back since hold time was long, I think its probably someone who’s not actually in Fremont. He says he sees a delivery estimate of June under my order. I asked, “sorry, are you sure it says that?!”, since that is a new update of any kind. He says yes that’s what is says currently. And he confirmed he sees my 7 seater model X specs with OD June 8th, 2021.

Well at least that’s some sort of update, hope that’s true in some way shape or form!

Last edited:
Called the Fremont number posted elsewhere on this forum: 510-897-4860….someone called me back since hold time was long, I think its probably someone who’s not actually in Fremont. He says he sees a delivery estimate of June under my order. I asked, “sorry, are you sure it says that?!”, since that is a new update of any kind. He says yes that’s what is says currently. And he confirmed he sees my 7 seater model X specs with OD June 8th, 2021.

Well at least that’s some sort of update, hope that’s true in some way shape or form!
Wow! That’s great news if it is true, which I hope it is. I ordered about two months before your so hopefully, I get mine around that time too!

Is it true that your current EDD says TBD, not July 2022 like the rest of us? Was there a price hike when you ordered?

Reactions: Kitt9000

Thanks for calling them have updated Kitt9000! That a kind of good hope for me too cuz my OD is June 13th 2021. Probably, less then 1,000 between you and me! I’m just keep dreaming of the day that getting my VIN updated.

Sure thing, happy to get any info which can help this group!

Oh yes re my tbd status. I posted something regarding that mess in the 5/7 seater thread but that was some time ago and was not a pleasant experience w tesla. I’ll paste is here again the “Saga of the TBD”:

“ I have TBD for my LR 7-seater order as well. It came after a presumptive Tesla employee changed my June order from a 7-Seater to 6-seater without any authorization after I spoke, asked questions at a Tesla sales center, and she mentioned how only 6 seaters were currently being produced, and I asked if any priority list re getting my x soon would be good to get onto get in case an x was not being picked up by another order person in case that was an option. She said she would put some notes in. 3 days Later I saw that they completely changed my order to 6 seater including a $17,000 price hike (including FSD from 10 to 12k)! We never discussed changing the order or any price change at all! I was upset when I saw the change and the new price. I called, and a second rep understood and they had to go up to some regional manager and after some discussion between them they ok'd me to go back to a 7 for the original price point before any changes were made. I agreed and the entire discussion is saved as part of txt w tesla, which they wanted documented as well. Now my etd shows TBD. Someone mentioned that it would fall back in line to a month estimate once another placeholder month was done for all orders or once a VIN is assigned. With all the mess-ups, I was assured that my place in line has not changed. Even though the price shown on my order page is still 17k higher than what my original order had, they keep assuring me that all the notes show an approved lower/orginal price from last June, it just won't show it until a VIN is matched and an mvpa is generated when the price would be adjusted.”

I followed this up with my sa and he sees all the notes and said the same. That was a few months ago and still has been tbd while other people’s orders show July.

Last edited: