Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Text my SA and kinda make me relax.
E6386534-C164-4549-9EDE-037DF7875E51.jpeg

Oh interesting, you as well? My order was switched to a 6 seater without my consent a few months back after having discussion with a Tesla store employee about wanting sooner delivery in general; where my grandfathered price from June '21 also upped 18K! I had to speak to another Tesla SA and they had to take it up to the regional managers where they approved a price change down to my original price book as long as I switched back to a 7 seater. I said absolutely as I never asked to switch in the first place. Since that return to 7 seater, I've been in TBD status. I thought it was going to get back onto the placeholder month train once everyone's updates, but doesn't seem to be the case.

Seems like after an order change or two, the TBD status shows up; good to see I'm not the only one.
Even with this latest wave of EDD change, your status still states "TBD"? Did you ask anyone at Tesla if you should be excited or concerned about the TBD status?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: honeyfist301
Even with this latest wave of EDD change, your status still states "TBD"? Did you ask anyone at Tesla if you should be excited or concerned about the TBD status?
Yea, still shows TBD. When it first changed to TBD after they changed my order back to a 7-seater, I asked multiple Tesla reps including my SA and they assured me that I am still in line for my order and that the TBD would change once I'm closer to getting my VIN. I certainly dont think its anything to be excited about and seems to be just the result of order changes from 7 to 6 to 7 seater order. Really hope they are right about its not something to be concerned about either though.

I txted the number yesterday which was txting me before to get an update from Tesla, and no one has responded as of yet. Wonder if they are just tired of me asking every few weeks at this point. I emailed my SA this morning to inquire about TBD again in light of the recent Etd changes for everyone else, and have yet to hear back. I mean, is it unreasonable to ask an update every few weeks when Tesla really doesn't give an accurate one on their own and with such poor overall comm?

Had a fleeing thought this AM just to order a model Y performance, and get it when I can and call it quits on the X entirely - at least we'll have an SUV for trips as we wanted. Still not sure if that's something I should do or just wait. I just dont want to go back to an ICE car at this point.

May this brings some glimmer of hope to group: Like many, I've been waiting 16+ months and checking the app daily.
Last night the EDD changed from the ubiquitous July 2022 to May 30-June 18. Then, this afternoon... a VIN!!!
Now, EDD is June 1-June 5, and I got a call from Tesla asking for details regarding my trade in.

Model X LR 7 seater
Pearl White with white interior
20" wheels
FSD
Jan 2021 order
Maplewood, MN pickup location

Buzzing with excitement.

May this brings some glimmer of hope to group: Like many, I've been waiting 16+ months and checking the app daily.
Last night the EDD changed from the ubiquitous July 2022 to May 30-June 18. Then, this afternoon... a VIN!!!
Now, EDD is June 1-June 5, and I got a call from Tesla asking for details regarding my trade in.

Model X LR 7 seater
Pearl White with white interior
20" wheels
FSD
Jan 2021 order
Maplewood, MN pickup location

Buzzing with excitement.
You did prove for us that the date is just a place holder! Thanks and CONGRATULATIONS!🎉

Just got a txt back from the number which welcomed me when I placed my order. They are now saying my estimated delivery is end of Sep and that of course it could change and to keep checking the app. I txted that the app/website just says TBD so that is not much of help to check. No response. I'm not sure where they are getting these estimates from to be honest or just made up depending on the person you reach.