Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exciting text just now!
21B5E0EE-72AE-4745-B4AB-C25EC04C0E6C.jpeg

Curious if anyone else has received the trade-in text from Tesla? Got this on 6/1:

Hi {firstName}, this is Vipul reaching out from Tesla. With your Model X delivery right around the corner I am reaching out today to offer you a complimentary quote for trading in your current vehicle. If you are interested to trade in, please reply with your VIN and current mileage at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you. (Note: We cannot view photos)

My EDD is holding fast at 6/10 - 6/30. Just wondering if there's a VIN coming soon!

Reactions: MyMYLRnw and YslaX
This car is GORGEOUS!!!! Man, this was actually my first color choice. But no....I had to go with the safe and conservative white/black....

And now back to the rest of us...... Another day......Another day of waiting.......😖😫🥺
I really loved the red but there was a rumor red would take longer to arrive because it slowed down the paint shop, if I'd have known I'd have been waiting 18 months anyway that really wouldn't have been an issue. 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26
Curious if anyone else has received the trade-in text from Tesla? Got this on 6/1:

Hi {firstName}, this is Vipul reaching out from Tesla. With your Model X delivery right around the corner I am reaching out today to offer you a complimentary quote for trading in your current vehicle. If you are interested to trade in, please reply with your VIN and current mileage at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you. (Note: We cannot view photos)

My EDD is holding fast at 6/10 - 6/30. Just wondering if there's a VIN coming soon!
Got the same text last week (Thursday) and also got a second text (few hours after) confirming information on the order. Have not heard from them since. My EDD is June 14 - July 3 at the moment.

Reactions: Miguel Sanchez

Just wondering, when you placed the order, did you state that you had a vehicle to trade in? Additionally, this may be a stupid question, but does the trade in vehicle have to be a Tesla?

Just wondering, when you placed the order, did you state that you had a vehicle to trade in? Additionally, this may be a stupid question, but does the trade in vehicle have to be a Tesla?
Ordered mine March 2021. I don't have a vehicle trade-in and but I guess it's SOP for tesla to offer. It can be any vehicle.

Correction: @lexus26 I did have a trade-in vehicle at time of order but have now decided against it. Sorry been a long wait and did not fully recall until my wife reminded me.

Last edited:
Ordered mine March 2021. I don't have a vehicle trade-in and but I guess it's SOP for tesla to offer. It can be any vehicle.

Correction: @lexus26 I did have a trade-in vehicle at time of order but have now decided against it. Sorry been a long wait and did not fully recall until my wife reminded me.
Right - I also didn't indicate I had a trade in (not sure if they even asked initially). But excited that this is the 2nd time in a year that anyone's reached out to me (not counting my original SA who sent a canned email directly after the deposit and then has never once responded to several questions I've had over the past year - haha)

No worries. Thanks for clarifying. Just curious as to why you decided against it? I am actually in an opposite situation. I did not specify a trade in at the time of order, but now I am considering it to make things more convenient. But never received any message about a trade-in. So I appreciate the info you and @Miguel Sanchez provided.

Reactions: Miguel Sanchez