Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great seeing all this VIN-ism going on right now. I have had the car for 5 days now and I am learning something new everyday. Still driving in "chill" mode until my feelings subdue a notch.
Question, does anyone know what the parts that were in the frunk inside a box labelled "TMC 030" are for?

Last Friday, someone vandalize my car on my driveway. It’s Lexus es350. They took passenger side fender, headlight, bumper and whole grill during overnight. Performed by professional. Wtf!! I need my MX asap. View attachment 821685
I am so sorry this happened. I hope everything is covered by insurance. This is such a beautiful car too. I currently drive a Lexus too (in case you couldn't tell by my screenname). Take care and hope you get the first VIN come 3rd quarter! I will be here awaiting that day with you.

Reactions: honeyfist301
I am so sorry this happened. I hope everything is covered by insurance. This is such a beautiful car too. I currently drive a Lexus too (in case you couldn't tell by my screenname). Take care and hope you get the first VIN come 3rd quarter! I will be here awaiting that day with you.
Thank you so much! Yeah I also love Lexus better then any other German cars. It’s so smooth and quiet like electric car! Fortunately, that will be covered by insurance with $100 deductible. Not sure if it’s fixable yet. Just got the call from the bodyshop and they said the car won’t start at all!!😢

I am picking up my X LR this Wednesday, but I went yesterday to see if it was there and it was. However, I noted a number of alignment issues. Based on what I have read from others, if I accept the delivery, they will say it is in tolerance. What are the chances if i dont accept delivery and ask them to fix it before i accept delivery. Is there a chance for that or is it a pipe dream?

Just got home from picking up the baby!! There were A TON of S/X on the lot. Like so many I couldn’t count.

Pickup instructions were kind of confusing so we went into the showroom for help. Wife apparently had to confirm a few things on her account since she was a co-signer. Sales guy had to push the confirmation to my app and we were on our way.

Checked the car and it is basically flawless so far. If I were to nitpick on something it would be a small gap on the hood to quarter panel and a small misalignment on the rear wheel well. Seems like almost 100% of the deliveries have this issue. Door handles are straight af and that’s all I could wish for.

Pics will come tomorrow after my appt with California Wheels to put on my aftermarket wheels 😬
Cant wait to see those pics, especially with the new wheels! Are you also planning to do any wraps or ceramic? Was wondering if you and/or Plastic want to join together to see if we can get a group discount.

After a ton of calls I was able to get my delivery pushed up and I have my baby! Got it pushed to 5pm on the 26th but I got a text at 3pm saying it was waiting for me and the parking space number it was at. So I rushed down there and picked it up.

Some tips:

1) forget about going into the show room (unless you don't know where your vehicle is parked). Just go directly to the spot and start checking it out. Do not accept delivery on the app until you are good to go. Don't rush. I saw people get talked into accepting the vehicle on the app before checking it out so I recommend just looking first.

2) my vehicle the doors were open, I was able to check out the interior without accepting the vehicle in the app. Luckily everything was good except a few minor things I'll just make a service appointment for. Tally up all your issues and make one appointment.

3) since my car was open and key cards in the vehicle I could have technically gone for a test drive but I didn't think about that then.

4) mine was at 60% charge, a bit disappointed about that. But since I knew I didn't accept delivery yet if I just went to park at the 250kw chargers and filled her up it would be on Tesla's tab. So I did that, max charged it to 100% (make sure to slide the batt from 80% to 100% to just get that initial charge) took 40mins. During that time you can mess around with the vehicle and learn some settings.

5) Then when that was all done I accepted delivery on the app. System rebooted and some things got locked. Premium connectivity went away, a model 3 showed up in the app instead of the x.

6) A system update was now required. Pretty lame since you would think the latest vehicle software would be there. It would take about 50mins but I didn't want to sit there for another hour so I just drove it home.

7) First impressions, the yoke is crazy. Sure I'll get used to it but weird. Signaling with buttons on the yoke is new and I have to look down to remember which is left and which is right until I get confident. Selecting forward/reverse/park on the side of the touchscreen was a surprise. Auto doors is cool but another thing I got to get used to. Kids love the back screen and apps. Windshield really got to get used to how much glass is there. Will probably time the front.

8) already headed out on my road trip and put 250miles on her. Seats are comfortable, Autopilot a little finicky but not bad. Streaming music is nice. Wish the cup holders were a little bigger. 2nd row has no storage since the wings go up. Got to figure out something there.

That's all I could think of. Hope to meet more of you guys, maybe join in on a group buy for the autofrunk! My wife loves using it but can't close it consistently so probably will invest in that.

Good luck @lexus26 !
Have a blast on your road trip!

Question for you and @snaccs, my appoitnment is scheduled for tomorrow. Do you guys think I can go in early today to locate my car and inspect the exterior just to break up the inspection time? Since it is the factory, I doubt I can easily locate it especially amongst a sea of white cars. Haha.

I KNEW I should have went with red.....

What's the next step after the EDD becomes a 3 week window? A vin or a shorter window? Thanks!
Based on my experience, it remained at a 3 week window, then a 2 week window, and then a one week window. They key indicator for me and @PlasticFoods and @snaccs is we got the text about having a trade-in. Less than 2 weeks, BOOM...got a VIN. And the current EDDs were the most accurate. Good luck!

Reactions: MXLR7FSD
Based on my experience, it remained at a 3 week window, then a 2 week window, and then a one week window. They key indicator for me and @PlasticFoods and @snaccs is we got the text about having a trade-in. Less than 2 weeks, BOOM...got a VIN. And the current EDDs were the most accurate. Good luck!
Thanks! Did the update from 3 to 2 weeks happen once you were in the 3 week window already? My 3 week window started today.

Reactions: lexus26
Thanks! Did the update from 3 to 2 weeks happen once you were in the 3 week window already? My 3 week window started today.
For me, the 3 week range shrunk once I was closer to the first day of my EDD, like within a few days. But keep in mind that some members had a far away EDD and still magically received a VIN. One thing that seem consistent is the geography of the deliveries. Majority of west coast VINs were assigned near the end of each quarter since the transportation distance is much less.

Thank you so much! Yeah I also love Lexus better then any other German cars. It’s so smooth and quiet like electric car! Fortunately, that will be covered by insurance with $100 deductible. Not sure if it’s fixable yet. Just got the call from the bodyshop and they said the car won’t start at all!!😢
Yes, and definitely much more reliable! I had mine for almost 14 years and it's still running so well and I am sentimentally connected to my cars.

And what the heck did they do to your car other than stripped it's armor?? Crazy.... If you have a nice SA and aren't picky about the colors, maybe you can ask them to match you to an available VIN. Because of the high interest rates, there are more people canceling their orders. I WISH YOU the BEST OF LUCK!

Oh the infinite sadness - I got my trade-in text on 6/1 and still crickets for me :( I suspect I was right on the fence for a Q2 delivery and got bumped to Q3 - I'll survive :)

For me, the 3 week range shrunk once I was closer to the first day of my EDD, like within a few days. But keep in mind that some members had a far away EDD and still magically received a VIN. One thing that seem consistent is the geography of the deliveries. Majority of west coast VINs were assigned near the end of each quarter since the transportation distance is much less.
My 3 week window (which showed up this morning) starts Friday but since it’s after eoq, I have no idea if it will ‘stick’.

Have a blast on your road trip!

Question for you and @snaccs, my appoitnment is scheduled for tomorrow. Do you guys think I can go in early today to locate my car and inspect the exterior just to break up the inspection time? Since it is the factory, I doubt I can easily locate it especially amongst a sea of white cars. Haha.

I KNEW I should have went with red.....
I would wait for the text that tells you the location of the parking spot. They are cleaning them and better to just let them finish. If it was like me they texted earlier than my appt time.

I can't afford red. LOL! Rather spend it on a wrap!

I am picking up my X LR this Wednesday, but I went yesterday to see if it was there and it was. However, I noted a number of alignment issues. Based on what I have read from others, if I accept the delivery, they will say it is in tolerance. What are the chances if i dont accept delivery and ask them to fix it before i accept delivery. Is there a chance for that or is it a pipe dream?

You have to go in with the mindset if nothing major that cannot be fixed them you should accept. Then take pics and make a service appointment for everything. Go crazy and load up the service request with everything you are worried about. Gaps, smudges, weatherstripping, I have sticker residue on my seats and I put it in. Once you get to the service center show them all the issues and usually they will say they'll try their best to fix it. I just have one side door alignment is off a bit and hopefully they'll fix it. I think you have 24 hours or so to put it all in a service request. Especially paint or wheel stuff you want to document that asap. So again if no major issues, you probably should accept. Good luck!

I would wait for the text that tells you the location of the parking spot. They are cleaning them and better to just let them finish. If it was like me they texted earlier than my appt time.

I can't afford red. LOL! Rather spend it on a wrap!
Oh I actually got the text too pick it up yesterday instead but I was preoccupied and didnt see the text until much later. So I assume it's cleaned already?? haha.

So was your car pretty clean at pick up? Any Build and quality issues?