Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger(gen 3) or Travel Charger

uhh0hh

Aug 22, 2019
NJ
Hoping to purchase at a reasonable price a Gen 3 Wall charger or a travel charger with a 14-50 connector. Please PM me!

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
Hoping to purchase at a reasonable price a Gen 3 Wall charger or a travel charger with a 14-50 connector. Please PM me!

Prime Day is coming up on June 25th. There are several mobile EVSEs sold through amazon. Some 40A models go for ~$320 I'm hoping for a sale.

uhh0hh

Aug 22, 2019
NJ
Yea that looks like a good alternative to a Tesla Gen 2 Corded mobile charger($275 but OOS) + 14-50($45). Thanks for this!

txtabby

Jul 27, 2020
Austin, Texas
I'd stay away from the Tesla chargers. Maybe i've been unlucky, but they are shipping my second replacement. I wish now I'd of gotten a 220V outlet installed in my garage and spent $50 on an adapter. Hopefully this third one will be the charm.

Reactions: nwdiver

uhh0hh

Aug 22, 2019
NJ
I'd stay away from the Tesla chargers. Maybe i've been unlucky, but they are shipping my second replacement. I wish now I'd of gotten a 220V outlet installed in my garage and spent $50 on an adapter. Hopefully this third one will be the charm.
I have settled to have a Nema 14-50 installed outside my garage and use my adapter that came with the car. My Gen 2 charger is working just fine inside the the garage. What exactly went wrong on the first 2?

Reactions: txtabby

txtabby

Jul 27, 2020
Austin, Texas
It was getting hot when charging above 38amps. There was a firmware update, that helped some, but even though I lowered the charge amps to 35, it was still getting pretty warm to the touch, almost hot. They sent a replacement, this one, and everything was fine until a month ago when it just stopped. I'll never use the "smart" charging feature again either. I'm going to get a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed next to the charger, just in case.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC